Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did a cold KOEO test real quick to see if I would throw any codes after performing my MAF upgrade.

I got a DTC 622 Solenoid #2 circuit failure.

I am assuming this is a tranny issue? Please forgive me. I know I need to do a full scan with motor normal operating temperature. But, I don't have my second O2 sensor in yet and I didn't want to run until I did.

I was also anxious to see I would throw any codes.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I just did a cold KOEO test real quick to see if I would throw any codes after performing my MAF upgrade.

I got a DTC 622 Solenoid #2 circuit failure.

I am assuming this is a tranny issue? Please forgive me. I know I need to do a full scan with motor normal operating temperature. But, I don't have my second O2 sensor in yet and I didn't want to run until I did.

I was also anxious to see I would throw any codes.

Thanks for any help.
Possible causes:

•Damaged solenoid assembly.
•Open or shorted harness (internal/external).
•Damaged PCM.

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am looking into the harness today. I had to broken clips on the harness, I think pin 52, which is what this one is I believe, if SS2 = Shift Solenoid 2. Which, I think it does. If so. It may not be completely in connecting with the PCM/ECM.

I am sure I will some more questions today. LOL

·
Super Moderator
27,411 Posts
yo B!
We're about to roll out now, so...

From memory and Ryan's diagrams, see below; 52 = SS2 and PCM 52

Purple/Orange?
Solenoid Pack Connector Pin-Out Diagram without colors, etc. in 89-94 & 95-96, Bronco, & up for other Ford & other makes
Source: by autotransinc.com via web.archive.org @ http://web.archive.org/web/20040211114737/www.autotransinc.com/connect/HarCon.htm

Solenoid Identification; "...There are three OEM style solenoids for the E4OD/4R100 as shown in the picture to the right. Additionally, Transtar offers two additional solenoids which add a LOCK-UP DELAY to the OEM model; 89-94 36420R 36420AR First design plug; 95-98 36420BR 36420CR Second design plug..."

Source: by transtarindustries.com http://www.transtarindustries.com/technicalHTML.asp?ID=10

Solenoid Pack info & pics in 94-96 vs earlier years; "these are the S-packs(soleniod packs) the blue is the newer 94+ upgraded pack the other is the old style pack "
Source: by yoomooman (eddy) at http://www.
supermotors.net/registry/media/689632

Solenoid Pack Connector; "...Be careful with the different connectors. The early E4OD solenoid packs had diodes in built into the pack to prevent the voltage spike for the collapsing magnetic field of the solenoid from cooking the computer. In the later (I can't remeber which year, I think 94?) Ford removed the diodes from the solenoid pack in the trans and added protection in the computer. If you end up with a late solenoid pack and an early computer you will likely be buying a new computer. Going from memory which is a couple years old now, the early solenoid packs had a redish orange seal in the electrical connector on the transmission side, the later solenoid packs without diodes have a green seal which goes into the vehicle side harness. I the plugs don't easily plug in wrong, but if you really try you can..."
Source: by heeke via miesk5 at FSB

Wiring Diagrams (Partial, Bronco similar) for F 150 in 86, 89, 91 & 95; EEC, Start/Ignition, EFI/Fuel System, Emissions, E4OD, AOD/C6 (+ clutch interlock switch), etc. from Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (EVTM)
Source: by Ford via Ryan M (Fireguy50) at http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=36

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info man.

It is Pin 52 and is a P/O Wire.

So, I wonder if this will explain my tranny not staying in 3rd gear and going to 4th so prematurely with OD off? I have installed an BIO0 out of a Calif 95 Bronco. It replaced my ol 90 ecm. Would the new ECM detect this fault and the last ECM not?

Weird, but, it is a Bronco so, who knows.

Oh, I will also add that I replaced my MLPS with the newer 95 MLPS before this swap. Would this make a difference as to what the SS2 is doing?

·
Super Moderator
27,411 Posts
yo,
Yep!
Shift Solenoid 2:
Symptoms: Improper gear selection depending on failure mode and manual lever position; refer to the Shift Solenoid Operation Chart. May flash transmission control indicator lamp.
Diagnostic Trouble Codes: 617,** 618,** 619,** 622,* P0755,* P0781,** P0782,** P0783,** P0756. (*Output circuit check, generated only by electrical conditions. **May also be generated by other non-electronic related transmission hardware condition.)

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Crap, wonder why the last ECM/PCM never caught this?

I am guessing this is a nice EXPENSIVE part to replace? LOL. If it is in fact the solenoid itself. ?

Welp, I best get to searching.

The MLPS doesn't make a difference, does it?

Jesus,. I am pathetic. LOL. I don't know why, but, when I searched DTC 622, Stangs E4OD thread didn't pop up? has my friggin answer right there on it.

Sorry all.

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay,

While I am still going to do some troubleshooting when I get home, Mostly checking my wiring harness and making sure that little pin #52 is all the way in.

DCskater brought up a question from an old thread in here. Talking about how he has a 95 ECM talking to a 91 solenoid pack. http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61008&highlight

I have a 95 ECM now and a 90-91 solenoid pack. Does this need to be upgraded?

If so, would this be what I am looking for?

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/e4od.htm

#20SP-2. 1995 Up E4OD / 4R100, NON-PWM, Cost $190.00

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Updated 10-12-10

Well,
Fixed the DTC 622 code. Pin wasn't inserted all the way on the wiring harness.

I was able to get a KOER test in. Found out some more codes.

DTC 116
DTC 136
DTC 538
DTC 136

Drove the truck home last night, idle is low. And when cold, the ECM or something doesn't recognize it is cold, temperatue issue. My Code DTC 116 has to do with that.

It is also still shifting from 3rd to 4th quickly with O/D off and at about 45mph, the truck is shaking from the tranny. My speedometer needle at that time is also bouncing all over, possibl VSS issue?

Gotta alot of gremlins to find.

Some of these were there before I did the MAF swap.

The codes above are from after.

Time to get to work. I gotta get to researching.

Thanks for all help.

·
Super Moderator
27,411 Posts
yo,
Some replies;

Well,

DTC 116
DTC 136
DTC 538
DTC 136

Drove the truck home last night, idle is low. And when cold, the ECM or something doesn't recognize it is cold, temperatue issue. My Code DTC 116 has to do with that.
DTC 116 to 118 ECT Troubleshooting & Possible Causes; "...The ECT sensor is a thermistor, basically a resistor that changes voltage accordingly to temperature changes. It provides a reading that\'s used by the EEC to change fuel delivery at engine startup to reduce emissions and monitors the temperature of the engine. If you see some rust in it clean it by sanding the surface using a fine grit sandpaper, Also check the connector and wiring..."
Source: by allfordmustangs.com
more in my site under Electrical, Sensors, ECT...

It is also still shifting from 3rd to 4th quickly with O/D off and at about 45mph, the truck is shaking from the tranny. My speedometer needle at that time is also bouncing all over, possibl VSS issue?
This problem could be caused by a # of thangs;
bad VSS Connector; corroded wires inside connector;
cruddy/damaged tone ring,
bad connectors along path,
and for later years (now I forget what you have in there..lol) 4WABS Module and /or at PSOM (Speedo);

more VSS info in my site @ http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=240

DTC 136; A bad 02 sensor will show several symptoms:

Rich or Lean fuel condition
O2 sensor fault codes 136, 137, 139, 144 and 171 through 178
Reduced HP

To check the sensors first disconnect and inspect the wiring, remove the sensors and clean them, don't use any type of chemicals to do this, the cleaning should be done by using a PROPANE TORCH, place the sensor tip inside the propane flame for a few seconds at a time until all contaminants get evaporated by the heat. Place the sensors back in place

DTC 538 Insufficient RPM change during dynamic response test. "...This is another code generated when the dynamic response or "goose" test as some refer to it is not performed during the KOER test. The KOER test requires that after a certain length of time the throttle be opened to bring the idle above 2000 rpm for a short period of time. If the dynamic response test is not performed or the rpm's do not peak ABOVE 2000 rpm's this code will be generated. (Computer needs to compare changes in sensor readings at different RPM's to determine system operation and efficiency)..."
Source: by miesk5 at Ford Bronco Zone Forums

·
Super Moderator
27,411 Posts
yo, as for the S pack, I'll have to pass on that for now until I can get some noise reduction going on around here ...kant think, let alone see anythAng..lol

And with all the mods and changes you have...; try going thru this stuff for now
I think SigepBlue has a VG HANDLE on the PCM ops for this;
Transmission Solenoid Body:
Description: The powertrain control module controls the E4OD transmission operation through four on/off solenoids and one Variable Force Solenoid. These solenoids and transmission fluid temperature sensor are housed in the transmission solenoid body assembly. All are part of the transmission solenoid body and are not serviced individually. Additionally, in 1995, the protection diodes that were on the solenoid body have been moved to the PCM. Refer to the following information for the functions of these solenoids.

The four on/off solenoids operate in the following manner:
When the solenoid is off, the fluid pressure feed is blocked by a check ball. The check ball is held in place by the solenoid piston.
When the solenoid is turned on by the PCM, the piston is pulled up, releasing the check ball and allowing fluid pressure to be applied to the check valves and/or other components controlled by the solenoid.

Electronic Pressure Control (EPC) Solenoid:
Description: The Electronic Pressure Control solenoid is a variable force solenoid. The variable-force type solenoid is an electro-hydraulic actuator combining a solenoid and a regulating valve. It supplies electronic pressure control which regulates transmission line pressure and line modulator pressure. This is done by producing resisting forces to the main regulator and the line modulator circuits. These two pressures control clutch application pressures.
Symptoms: Failed on �%uFFFD� minimum electronic pressure control pressure (minimum transmission torque capacity). Limit engine torque (partial fuel shut-off, heavy misfire). Flashing transmission control indicator lamp.
Failed off ��� maximum electronic pressure control pressure, harsh engagements and shifts. May flash transmission control indicator lamp.
Diagnostic Trouble Codes: 624,* 625,* P1746,* P1747.*
CAUTION: The electronic pressure control pressure output from the variable force solenoid is NOT adjustable. Any modification to the electronic pressure control solenoid will affect the transmission warranty. (*Output circuit check, generated only by electrical condition.)

Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) Solenoid:
Torque converter clutch solenoid provides torque converter clutch control by shifting the converter clutch control valve to apply or release the torque converter clutch.
Symptoms: Failed on ��� engine stalls in drive at idle low speeds with brake applied or manual 2. Failed off ��� converter clutch never engages. May flash transmission control indicator lamp.
Diagnostic Trouble Codes: 629,* P0741,** P0743,** P1743, P1742, P1744. (*Output circuit check, generated only by electrical condition. **May also be generated by other non-electronic related transmission hardware condition.)

Coast Clutch Solenoid (CCS) 7M107:
The Coast Clutch Solenoid provides coast clutch control by shifting the coast clutch shift valve. The solenoid is activated by pressing the transmission control switch or by selecting the 1 or 2 range with the transmission gearshift selector lever. In manual 1 and 2, the coast clutch is controlled by the solenoid and also hydraulically as a fail-safe to ensure engine braking. In reverse, the coast clutch is controlled hydraulically and the solenoid is not on. NOTE: On certain applications, the coast clutch is controlled by the PCM in the overdrive position (TCS OFF) in gears 1, 2, and 3.
Symptoms: Failed on ��� Third gear engine braking with (D) range selected. Failed off ��� No third gear engine braking in overdrive cancel.
Diagnostic Trouble Codes: 626,* 628,** 643,* 652,* P0741,** P0743,* P1754.*
(*Output circuit check, generated only by electrical conditions. **May also be generated by other non-electronic related transmission hardware condition.)

Shift Solenoids 1 and 2:
Shift solenoids 1 and 2 provide gear selection of first through fourth gears by controlling the pressure to the three shift valves.

Shift Solenoid 1:
Symptoms: Improper gear selection depending on failure mode and manual lever position; refer to the Shift Solenoid Operation Chart. May flash transmission control indicator lamp.
Diagnostic Trouble Codes: 617,** 618,** 619,** 621,* P0750,* P0751, P0781,** P0782,** P0783.** (*Output circuit check, generated only by electrical conditions. **May also be generated by other non-electronic related transmission hardware condition.)

Shift Solenoid 2:
Diagnostic Trouble Codes: 617,** 618,** 619,** 622,* P0755,* P0781,** P0782,** P0783,** P0756. (*Output circuit check, generated only by electrical conditions. **May also be generated by other non-electronic related transmission hardware condition.)
read more by Ford via Steve83 @ http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/704885

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
:thumbup
Well,

DTC 116
DTC 136
DTC 538
DTC 136

Gotta alot of gremlins to find.

Some of these were there before I did the MAF swap.

The codes above are from after.

Time to get to work. I gotta get to researching.

Thanks for all help.
DTC 116-Engine coolant temp. higher or lower than expected.
Possible causes:

•Low coolant level (ECT).
•Ambient temperature below 10°C (50°F) (IAT).
•Faulty harness connector.
•Faulty sensor.

DTC 136-Left/front Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) lean.
Possible Causes:

•Fuel injectors.
•HO2S.
•Secondary Air Injection (AIR) system.
•Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) /Hose.
•Vacuum.
•Evaporative Cannister Purge.
•Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor.
•Electronic Ignition Coil Failure

:thumbup

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great info and many thanks guys.

Hmm. the left front O2 is lean? I would of figured it to be my RH side, considering that is an older sensor.? Damn.

I will have to look into all of this today

Thanks guys.

The VSS has me thrown a bit. When I replaced the VSS on the rear axle, what came out was the following.

Then, I replaced with this one?

The top pic is described as an ABS Speed Sensor # ABS111

The second pic is described as the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) #S8319. That is the one I thought I needed. But, I am not sure. ?

·
Super Moderator
27,411 Posts
yo,
dunno the diff from that info so far; will look later
I looked up the 91 bronco 5.8 VECI label
Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) Decal; Contains Vacuum Diagram & Calibration Parts List for 88 & UP. On-Line for Free at Ford. Click "Quick Guides" in left panel; Scroll to & CLICK VECI Labels "Provides Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) and a related calibration parts list." Enter applicable info (need to know your Calibration number from your B-pillar sticker). Vacuum Diagram is the same as the one on the core support or hood or air filter cover. Suggest Right Clicking this Hot Link & Open in New Window
Source: by Ford motorcraftservice.com
it shows under Cal #1-64M-R10
SENSOR ASSY., (Speed) E3AF 9E731-AB E3AZ 9E731-A

Of course Ford on-line doesnt bother showing the sensor by the long version pn, but I finally got it by going thru the men's room and then thru the lobby;
1991 Ford Bronco / Part DetailsPrint View
Image Part Name: ABS Sensor
Manufactured By: Motorcraft

Part Description: Located in rear axle housing, used as ABS sensor

Part Number: 2L373 (BRAB-130)
Supersession Price: $27.95 OR Select a dealer for their prices and availability

one www result is:
http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-BRAB130-AntiLock-System-Sensor/dp/B000C5FC4W
Motorcraft BRAB130 Rear Wheel AntiLock Brake System Sensor

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock

KEMPARTS Part # 163201
Speed Sensor w/STP# E3AF-9E731AB w/o CRUISE CTRLC OE #E3AZ-9E731A, E6DZ-9E731C, E9TZ-9E731A [Wholesaler Closeout -- 30 Day Warranty] (Only 3 Remaining

============
for now,
Test; "...Rear axle sensor should read 800-1400 Ohms across the pins, and more than 10 Ohms from the metal shell to either pin..."
Source: by Steve83

·
Super Moderator
27,411 Posts
whOOps!
Motorcraft BRAB130 NO LONGER AVAILABLE - USE DY1123

Motorcraft DY1123 Speed Sensor
Other products by Motorcraft
No customer reviews yet. Be the first. Share

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List Price: $27.95
Price: $27.19 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
You Save: $0.76 (3%)
o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
Only 5 left in stock--order soon (more on the way).
http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-DY1123-Speed-Sensor/dp/B001CA9CD8
5 new from $22.41
=======

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
whOOps!
Motorcraft BRAB130 NO LONGER AVAILABLE - USE DY1123

Motorcraft DY1123 Speed Sensor
Other products by Motorcraft
No customer reviews yet. Be the first. Share

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List Price: $27.95
Price: $27.19 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
You Save: $0.76 (3%)
o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
Only 5 left in stock--order soon (more on the way).
http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-DY1123-Speed-Sensor/dp/B001CA9CD8
5 new from $22.41
=======
That's the one I have in the Rear Now. I am gonna test it when I get home.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well,

I don't know what is up. TPS good.

I think me using this BIO0 ECM wasn't such a great idea. Actually, building a ****ing stroker motor and replacing my C- 6 was a dumbass mistake. Got in over my head and I don't have the no how to continue with this bitch.

Guessing hopefully I can get 3k for it. But, Doubt it.

THanks for the help yaall I am done.

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts
Hold on, relax.

You are using an existing 1990 harness with a 1995 BIO0 MAF PCM, correct? Does your E4OD have the VSS/Speedometer Cable in the Transfer Case Tail Housing?

If so, the 1990 Speed Density 5.8L Schematic shows a VSS Chassis Ground going to PCM Pin #6 (VSS-). The 1995 MAF 5.8L Schematic does not show this ground wire. Using a 1995 WAY1 MAF PCM, I removed this existing ground wire and it solved my trans shifting problem that sounds very similar to yours. This may also eliminate your DTC Trouble Code. This was done with no upgraded E4OD solenoids.

I also believe that I was using the same ABS Speed Sensor and MLPS that you have now. The ABS System is separate from the PCM which doesn't care if it works or not, so the Speed Sensor should not be an issue.

Throw a DVOM on the ECT and IAT and check the resistance. By the way, do you have an Speed Density ACT located in the Intake manifold or a MAF IAT located before the MAF Sensor? (Same Sensor, different locations for Speed Density or MAF). Your MAF BIO0 PCM is calibrated to the IAT temperature values.

Where exactly did you mount your O2 Sensor bungs? How close to the collectors? What size fuel injectors? What fuel pressure? Any fuel system upgrade? Then again, a lean condition could be from the ECT/IAT.

VSS - I was initially confused regarding the Rear Anti-lock Brake System (RABS) Sensor located on the rear differential and the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) located on the Transfer Case. This was largely due to terminology where the RABS Sensor is also commonly called a VSS. This caused significant E4OD shifting problems until I figured it out.

The VSS is critical to the electronic E4OD. It sends an AC Frequency Wave to both the Cruise Control Module, and more importantly to the PCM indicating vehicle speed. In relation to the E4OD, this signal allows the PCM to determine shift points. Additionally the VSS Signal provides input to the Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) on 1992 and newer Broncos.

1990-1991 Broncos have mechanical speedometers connected to the Transfer Case Tailhousing by cable and gears. The VSS is part of this system and sends a usable AC Frequency separately to the Cruise Control and PCM which controls both engine and E4OD functions. It is important to note that electrical schematics show one VSS wire going to PCM Pin #3 (VSS+) and the other wire going to PCM Pin #6 (VSS-) and to Chassis Ground. Also note that there is a separate ABS Sensor on the Rear Differential solely for RABS Module Input, which also measures vehicle speed.

1992 and later Broncos upgraded to an electronic speedometer connected to a Programmable Speedometer/Odometer Module (PSOM). The speedometer cable and VSS were removed from the transfer case and the ABS Sensor on the rear differential became both the VSS and ABS Sensor. The signal goes through the ABS Module to the PSOM, for speedometer/odometer functions, and is then sent to the Cruise Control and PCM. It is important to note that electrical schematics show one VSS wire going to PCM Pin #3 (VSS+) and the other wire going to PCM Pin #6 (VSS-) with No Chassis Ground.

This is where my dilemma occurred due to following the incorrect Ford Fuel Injection 1994-1995 MAF V8 Truck EFI Harness schematic. The FFI schematic clearly shows a VSS Chassis Ground on both Speed Density and 1994-1995 MAF PCMs. Knowing this, we left the 1990 VSS in place during re-pinning as the schematic and instructions indicated. Subsequently, the E4OD would not shift correctly at all. After a week of searching, my tuner finally found that a Chilton's wiring schematic showed no Chassis Ground for 1995 PCM Pin #6 (VSS-). We removed it and it worked!

The point is that there is a difference between the 1991 & 1992 Bronco VSS wiring and without it being correct your E4OD will be very unhappy.

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am good man. It is just frustrating. LOL.

I have been wanting to sell and not sell for over a year now. LOL. It comes and goes.

I got talked into doing something I didn't want to do and I am regretting now is all.

I am in the process of finding a PCM that will be more compatible to my knowledge and for my application. Sig warned me that the BIO0 PCM is a different monster. LOL. I thought I was getting more parts that I would need from a 95 CA BIO0 vehicle, but, didn't work out. I also saw how Twalmart put this same PCM into her vehicle and it worked fine. Different animals I suppose. I don't think she had to change out too much, so, thought I was good. Guess not.

I get it the old beast running and going well. I am stressed because I have to drive it to work and I don't want to mess anything up. I am babying it. But, I have been down this route before. My other means of transportation is down for the count for now.

Anyhow. Back to the game.

What is a DVOM? A volt meter?

My injectors are the stock 19lbs. The one thing I haven't checked is fuel pressure. I have the same stock fuel pump in the tank that has been in there since I have had it.

I welded my bungs on each side 3 inches down from where the collectors meet the headers. My IAT is at the box and the sensor on my intake is no longer being used. I changed out my ECT when I did my engine rebuild and it was working , no codes before the MAF swap. I have disconnected my vaccum line from the MAP as instructed in the readings I have read on this site.

The VSS/Speedometer Cable is in the Transfer Case Tail Housing. This is the one I have in there.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...&vi=1105984&keyword=sensor&pt=01879&ppt=C0033

It is called an acceleration sensor. Not a speed sensor? I doubt this makes a difference?

Removing the Pin 6 from my harness made my E4OD perform worse. It was the same as when I had the SD in there, same symptons.

I have stepped into it big I suppose. All the could of's, should of's , would of's and wish of's don't matter now.

This sucker needs to be fixed and that is the next step.

Well, the next step is finding the proper PCM.

·
Super Moderator
27,411 Posts
yo

What is a DVOM? A volt meter? YES
My injectors are the stock 19lbs. The one thing I haven't checked is fuel pressure. I have the same stock fuel pump in the tank that has been in there since I have had it.
Fuel Pressure During KOER Self Test for 92; 4.9 (45-60 PSI), 5.0 (30-45 PSI), 5.8 (30-45 PSI) & 7.5 (30-45 PSI); read more for KOEO PSI
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net
Fuel Pressure in a 96 with; Ignition On, Fuel Pump Running = 35.0 - 45.0 PSI; At Idle = 30.0 - 45.0 PSI (Agree and Punch in year, make/model, etc.
Source: by Airtex at showmetheparts.com

The VSS/Speedometer Cable is in the Transfer Case Tail Housing. This is the one I have in there. Applications, Bronco, "...Pre~85 used a cable-mounted VSS (6 pulses per cable rev) for cruise only; ~85-91 used a t-case mounted VSS (6 pulses per cable rev) for cruise and E4OD shifting. The ABS sensor was only used for RABS. The ESOF t-case always had its own dedicated speed sensor in the tailhousing; Miesk5 Note Ford Part Number is 7f293 speed sensor; 92-96 use the ABS sensor (108 pulses per diff rev) in the rear axle (via the ABS module) to feed the PSOM, which then feeds everything else..."
Source: by Steve83

is called an acceleration sensor. Not a speed sensor? I doubt this makes a difference? It's their way of making us despir at midnight when stuck in a tunnel in feezing weather and then taking it to some "mechanic" who knows less than we all do
OK, once you get da right PCM (according to the Ford pn in that VECI label Link I posted before,,, then it may get ezier to diagnose and/or work-around any remaining issue or new ones that may pop-up to ruin your day.. my day (and life) was almost cut short a few hours ago when a lady ran a ligt at end of da freeway off-ramp... We did a nice almost roll-over swerve as she flew past my Setina push bumper @ about 94 MPH (est. due to wind gusts...)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts