Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Centurions single A/C compressor just isnt enough to cool down a truck with 1,739 cu.ft of space inside. At work I see tons of Powerstroke/Duramax busses with dual compressors and I figured I'd toss another compressor onto my Centurion to help aid the cooling of it. Not as easy as I thought!

Does anyone know of any 351s with dual compressor brackets on them? Im sure theyre out there somewhere in a bus or E-Series but I havent come up with any results searching for them. Anyone seen these in a yard anywhere? Id much rather buy one than make one, because that will never happen in all my spare time (still havent got my 1tons under the C150 yet)!

Any help or info is appreciated!

-Tyler

·
Registered
343 Posts
I would try another blower, a larger blower, or more ducting throughout the truck before going with a second compressor. Most limos run one compressor, but have two blowers and wrap the HVAC ducting with insulation. You lose tons of heat or cooling through the ducting and if it's not aimed correctly the system is really inefficient.

·
Registered
84 Posts
my two cents go find a expedition or exursion in the junk yard and jerk all the duct work and blows as they are way larger than a bronco and excursion is still little bigger than the Centurion. I would love to get my hands on a PSD C250 or 350 that is the next truck for this family, But rare and if i find one in NC it will be a rust bucket for my price range.
:popc1:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts