Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Where's a good online site to buy a dual battery tray?
2) What size optima's fit in the dual battery trays?

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
You can buy a dual from a diesel at the junk yard...You dont really need, just turn the batteries sideways and they wil both fit......

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow, thanks for absolutley no information nor answer to my questions. i know i could make one, but i asked whats a good site to BUY one from.
secondly, all optimas are most definatly not the same size. take a look here. http://www.1st-optima-batteries.com

i wound up picking up a D34M blue top anyways for the extra posts. so i'll see if i can get an answer this time...

where's a good site to buy a dual 34 size battery tray?

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
miketrains03 said:
wow, thanks for absolutley no information nor answer to my questions. i know i could make one, but i asked whats a good site to BUY one from.
secondly, all optimas are most definatly not the same size. take a look here. http://www.1st-optima-batteries.com

i wound up picking up a D34M blue top anyways for the extra posts. so i'll see if i can get an answer this time...

where's a good site to buy a dual 34 size battery tray?
sorry...didnt know about the bigger size...
...try here
http://www.wranglernw.com/default.aspx?SkinID=2

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
woah! $600+ bucks? no way. i have an isolating relay already, just need the hardware. there aren't any other alternatives other than piecing together something from autozone?

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,173 Posts
miketrains03 said:
woah! $600+ bucks? no way. i have an isolating relay already, just need the hardware. there aren't any other alternatives other than piecing together something from autozone?
That's as bad as the alternators they sell! A 115 amp for $522.31, and a 150 amp for $558.74? :shocked I got a 160 amp from fireguy for $120!

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
miketrains03 said:
3 g alternator from the junkyard...theres a good thread here some where on the different styles that fit...
and make a tray out of angle iron...turn the batterys sideways and they will fit.
heres how I have mine. ( I also have an isolator I picked up at autozone)

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i talked to those wrangler nw guys and you can buy the actual tray and hold downs seperately for just over $200! It probably costs them $10-20 bucks tops in materials to make those things. I think im just gonna autozone it

·
Zombie Hunter
13,687 Posts
Hope Manny doesn't get mad at me for posting this incomplete.

Manny ran cables all the way to the back of his bronco and built a rather nice battery box out of some sheet metal. Completed it looked really cool, i just forgot to get pictures.

If and when i do run a second battery set-up (with the installation of a winch, a light bar, and my sound system i need upgrades) i will probably do the same and run cables all the way to the back and keep the battery bolted down back there.

I think, 1Clean also has his battery bolted into a box in the back.

·
big, long, hard
5,957 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,933 Posts
I checked those out but it looks like $103 for the tray, 23 for the brace + shipping. I just don't want to spend that much when all I need is a little sqare of metal.
Then you are back to makeing one yourself.
Between the cost of the material, forming the tray and brackets and powdercoating, you aren't going to find one.
Junkyard or make your own are your choices.

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,173 Posts

·
big, long, hard
5,957 Posts
Perhaps "fabrication" might just mean flattening out the current tray and attaching this one to that?

That was going to be my next move before David(s78) swooped in to save me. Got it covered now, but thanks for the replies.:thumbup

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,173 Posts
That was going to be my next move before David(s78) swooped in to save me. Got it covered now, but thanks for the replies.:thumbup
Well, spill it; what's the solution? I've got two Optima's. I've flattened out the stock tray, but haven't set up the second one yet; I'm open to suggestions.

·
big, long, hard
5,957 Posts
Well, spill it; what's the solution? I've got two Optima's. I've flattened out the stock tray, but haven't set up the second one yet; I'm open to suggestions.
PM sent

1 - 20 of 24 Posts