Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
84 Bronco with Heddman hedders (long tube). I was laying out the route for my dual exhaust. When i did a temp bolt up of the collectors off the headders I noticed that I will either have to go under my tranny x-member (pipe will be hanging down under the frame-real ugly) or go over the x-member. Just wondering how other members dual's are...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Due to the output of the tcase, many run parallel tubes on passenger side and either swing back cross over the rear ds to a parallel muffler and exit opposite sides or run 2 mufflers in the stock location and exit next to each other. Remember, backpressure is a consideration. More tube on one creates a difference in the pressure.

I would suggest you not worry about the duals exiting opposite sides, but rather just step up the exhause pipe size and a high flow through muffler.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I dont know what year yours is, but I know that alot of people that have newer Broncos dont even run true duals.. Rather, they use a Y pipe and then split the pipe later in the truck where theres more room.. Just a thought..

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's a 84 bronco. But it's a all custom build. I'm using a NP200 t case. The OEM exhaust manifolds and pipe went above the tranny x-memeber if I remember correctly. I just installed my heddmans and the collectors are almost dead center of the tranny x-member with about a 3" gap between the two. I'm leaning towards going under because the bend will be real steep to go above.

·
Registered
116 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.