Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at www.digitalblasphemy.com at the free wallpapers. I noticed they had dual monitor wallpapers. Cant see the fullsize without being a paying member though :cry Anyways. I have dual monitors. (two 17" LCDs) I googled Dual Monitor Wallpaper. Came back with a ton of stuff. Lot of cool pictures out there. I spent about an hour screwing around with it, but I cant seem to figure it out. the size of the pics are 2048x768. So that is making me think it is all one big pic across your screen instead of the same pic on both. Does the monitors have to be set up where it is like one big screen or can you have the monitors seperated like I currently have where the computer reconizes both seperate to enjoy this ability of one big pic? If you can keep it seperate, how to I make it where it does that. Just kept putting the same pic on both monitors.

·
Registered
506 Posts
IIRC it depends on your video card. there are some that have a setting to extend your desktop across both screens.

Could be wrong though its been a while, I just use mine as 2 seperate screens

·
Registered
538 Posts
It helps with video/picture editing.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Gtndrty said:
This might be a stupid question but what's
the benefit of having 2 monitors?:shrug
File transfers (FTP or local), photo/video editing, research, web tasks (such as website building), etc. I HATE not having dual monitors at school...I like my setup :)

Edit: SrATEX, have you checked wincustomize.com? They're pretty good.

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
at the point when i bought it, it was more for the just cause i can factor. Got my LCDs at a pretty good price. 250 a pop.

Now that I have had them for nearly a year i cant stand only having one monitor. Great at multitasking or working on stuff. Ill either have two browsers pulled up and surf two of my several forums at a time...makes it a bit quicker. Or ill have media player pulled up on one so that way I dont have to minimize or anything like that to change a song or i can watch a video with my IE up etc. I assume it would be great for writing a paper, have your resources pulled up on one monitor while you type on another. The big thing for me, is when im playing games....especially World of Warcraft,(example is for WoW) I can got to worldofwar.net and pull a map of the area im in up on one and play on the other. that way i dont have to pull the in game map up and risk missing that beast or horde getting close to attack me etc. Only reason i have to pull the map up is to see my location in relation to where im going. I really love it.

I hope my vid card supports it. It is a BFG Tech Nvidia GeForce 6800GT Over Clocked.

thanks for the link spaz. ill scroll through there and look. I really like the idea of having one big picture spread across the screen as a wallpaper instead of one. But i would hate the idea of having my computer thing both monitors is one big screen. playing BF2 or F.E.A.R. would suck since dead center would be where the monitors inside edge is...crosshairs would be blocked. :brownbag

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,970 Posts
Gtndrty said:
This might be a stupid question but what's
the benefit of having 2 monitors?:shrug
Like havin a two car garage to work in instead of a single.

Adrianspeeder

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
SrATEX said:
at the point when i bought it, it was more for the just cause i can factor. Got my LCDs at a pretty good price. 250 a pop.

Now that I have had them for nearly a year i cant stand only having one monitor. Great at multitasking or working on stuff. Ill either have two browsers pulled up and surf two of my several forums at a time...makes it a bit quicker. Or ill have media player pulled up on one so that way I dont have to minimize or anything like that to change a song or i can watch a video with my IE up etc. I assume it would be great for writing a paper, have your resources pulled up on one monitor while you type on another. The big thing for me, is when im playing games....especially World of Warcraft,(example is for WoW) I can got to worldofwar.net and pull a map of the area im in up on one and play on the other. that way i dont have to pull the in game map up and risk missing that beast or horde getting close to attack me etc. Only reason i have to pull the map up is to see my location in relation to where im going. I really love it.

I hope my vid card supports it. It is a BFG Tech Nvidia GeForce 6800GT Over Clocked.

thanks for the link spaz. ill scroll through there and look. I really like the idea of having one big picture spread across the screen as a wallpaper instead of one. But i would hate the idea of having my computer thing both monitors is one big screen. playing BF2 or F.E.A.R. would suck since dead center would be where the monitors inside edge is...crosshairs would be blocked. :brownbag

Even if your card supported stretching your desktop, BF2, F.E.A.R. or any other game that doesn't support dual monitor gaming would not be affected. There are some games, however (Such as Microsoft's Flight Simulator series) that support up to 3 monitors at a time, as if to simulate looking through a real cockpit (tri-window). But don't worry about that, if the game itself does not support stretching across more than one monitor, it won't affect a thing.
I'd suggest you go to forums.g4tv.com and check the Call For Help section. Tis where I got my knowledge (been there for around 4 or 5 years, I guess) and they're really helpful, especially if someone like Sultan or Tyme is online.

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,970 Posts
SrATEX said:
exactly:twotu:
Yeah I used to run two screens with my old CRT and when I bought my Samsung SyncMaster 17" on sale last year. Not three weeks later the CRT died. Just when I got used to havin the two screens as well :banghead .

Adrianspeeder

1 - 11 of 11 Posts