Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a dual pane window that developed a leak inside the panes of glass, is there any reason why I can't simply cut out the inside pane so it will be a single pane window? That way I can clean it so I can actually see through it clearley. Its in the garage so the lost insulation factor won't be an issue. I don't want to replace the window since thats going to be a lot of work I don't feel like doing.

I'm thinking I can take a glass cutter and score it all over untill I can get it to break out in pieces then pull all the pieces out of the frame.
Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
If it is leaking between the two panes you should be able to seperate it pretty easy. On my father in laws house we had that same problem and when I changed out the windows i pulled the glass from the frame and it about fell apart by itself. I don't see why it won't work for you.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
My sister had a simialr situation at her house a couple years back. I just scored a rectange about the outside of the glass about and inch in from the edge. I went around the outside twice with the scorer, and on the third trip the glass broke. Once the middle part of the glass was out, I just cleaned out the outer lip and you could see again.

Make sure to put some duct tape on the section of the window that you are removing. Helps keep the glass from going everywhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts