Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, putting my lift on and was wondering if anyone has done a dual swap. I have the mount off of a f150 that had the dual shocks. Has anyone done it? If so anything that yall ran into that I need to lookout for? I just finished putting the new rearend and lift on the rear. Doing the front today.
and yea.... I did use the engine hoist to lift the truck lol.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Actually, I'm wondering the opposite. My 78 has dual shock mounts and I was curious if I should omit one with today's shock technology. I know there are shocks on the market where a single high end unit could do a better job than two older shocks in the same location.

·
Super Moderator
24,211 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not goin to go full bore with it yet, eventually prerunner fenders and bedsides and full cage so i want to go ahead and put the dual setup on now. i can runsingles with it. the front shock is the extra one. the reaar shock that mounths to the control arm is the "stock" one. but yes TXtriple todays technology in shocks will do the job, most of it is i have a dealer acct with access to CHEAP prices on shocks and am going to take advantage of new shocks all around and dual stabilizers.

Miesk5 thanks alot! ill check those out.

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
I added dual shocks and front/rear sway bars to mine. It is stock height on 33s. I was looking to improve overall driveability and to mimic the handling/performance I had from a 1991 I had custom ordered brand new. The addition of the parts didn't solve the issues I was having but did help. I ultimately resolved the issues I was having and am happy with my previous decision.

From what I gathered about your future plans, it probably doesn't matter.

Good luck

tim

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,089 Posts
Hey fellas, putting my lift on and was wondering if anyone has done a dual swap. I have the mount off of a f150 that had the dual shocks. Has anyone done it? If so anything that yall ran into that I need to lookout for? I just finished putting the new rearend and lift on the rear. Doing the front today. View attachment 154104 and yea.... I did use the engine hoist to lift the truck lol.
Dude! Put some traction bars on the back, slap a built 460 in it with a racing transmission!!!!!
But seriously I have a feeling you’ll love the view a little better at the new height but that looks too funny!! Reminds me of this one....
1AD1E308-C68B-4A20-A917-3F0FC6D5FA00.jpeg

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have a dual shock Bronco and Single (traditional) shock Bronco. Both ride very well on the street and do well when the rear gets loose under throttle. Personally I like my Dual shock Bco more because I feel that the front wheels stay planted much better over Bumps.

·
Eric
2,560 Posts
I just R&R'd the entire front suspension on my BKO, a few moths ago, with the parts you see listed in my sig line below. I pulled the F-250 coils off that I was running because I thought they rode a little "rough." I have a factory quad shock setup, too. After installing everything I thought I'd yank the front sway bar because I felt the new shocks and springs would be more than sufficient to combat body roll and I wanted to see if I could gain any more articulation out of the new suspension. I was half right. I grossly underestimated the amount of "dampening" the quad shock setup is responsible for. With all the new suspension, I still believe my truck rides a little rough and I don't even notice the sway bar is gone (I now have both sway bars taken off the BKO). Personally, I think the quad shocks are great for towing/handling (their original purpose), as they definitely help prevent nose-dive under harsh/rapid braking. For slow speed wheeling and general driving, though, I think they're a bit much. If I hit trails any more serious than what I already do, they'd be coming off in exchange for a quality single shock.

Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the input everyone, been haveing to put off working on the Donkey but will update when i get the dual shock tower on, ill also be throding the 351 and c6 in while i have the front clip off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts