Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dual shocks?

I have noticed some Broncos have Dual shocks in the front and some don’t. Why or what option offered the dual shocks?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Factory tow package included dual shocks. Gives you more stability when towing. All around performance is affected even when not towing. Also shocks will last longer when you have 4 up doing all the work front versus 2 doing it all.

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
If you've got a Bronco with 2, don't install a quad shock kit from an A/M company, the shocks won't be valved right and it will ride like scat.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Bronco has the dual shock setup, It was used for towing Horse trailers be for I got it. I think it has the heavy duty tow package.

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,972 Posts
Also the snow plow prep package got em. Don't really notice a difference between the 88 with four and the 92 with two though.

·
Registered
559 Posts
adrianspeeder said:
Also the snow plow prep package got em. Don't really notice a difference between the 88 with four and the 92 with two though.
What years had a snow plow package? My 94s owner manual says not to install a snow plow ( that didnt stop the previous owner though)

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,972 Posts
bronco lover said:
What years had a snow plow package? My 94s owner manual says not to install a snow plow ( that didnt stop the previous owner though)
Prolly because it doesn't have the plow prep package. Not sure if the 94-96s could have one b/c of the airbag.

Adrianspeeder

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Gacknar said:
93 up had the accordian frame (crumple zone)
I know that your right about the frame, but I have seen many 93>96 FSB's with plows on them. In fact a close friend has a 94 with a plow that I have used in the past several times for plowing, and I love it!

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
Streetgang said:
I know that your right about the frame, but I have seen many 93>96 FSB's with plows on them. In fact a close friend has a 94 with a plow that I have used in the past several times for plowing, and I love it!
Ford also says not to go in water deeper than the bottoms of your wheels (about 6"), but who pays any attention to that either. :toothless

1 - 12 of 12 Posts