Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else watch this show on Discovery?

I really enjoy it. The barefoot guy is a cool I guy I really like him.

A little more entertaining than survivor man, and WAY more entertaining than Man vs Wild.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I watched it last night. the barefoot guy was like a woman, bitching about the other guy catching a gator, :duh i've caught gators and they can be mean but the barefoot guy literally became a biotch about it. i understood his point of view though, and the barefoot guy could really move across the bog. all in all loved the show though, and it reminded me of my years down in the New Orleans area. Agree'd that its much more entertaining than the other two survivor series.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to watch a few episodes to get what the barefoot guy is about.

He literally cried about finding water in the Peruvian desert. He's not a tree hugger he uses nature, but he is in tune with the earth. To an extreme most can't imagine.

The two different styles the guys have add to the entertainment IMO.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
Nature guy was also upset because if Tough guy { blow-hard, asshole,loudmouth. "i eat meat,im a real man grrrrr"} got hurt while catching the gator then he would have to rely on and become a burdon on nature guy.... therefore becoming the exact thing that the loudmouth meat eating guy is always ragging the nature guy about cause he doesn't wear shoes. The nature guy should wear shoes or at least keep some with him, But military guy rags and bitches. I thought the military instructed you NOT to do that ??

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nature guy was also upset because if Tough guy { blow-hard, asshole,loudmouth. "i eat meat,im a real man grrrrr"} got hurt while catching the gator then he would have to rely on and become a burdon on nature guy.... therefore becoming the exact thing that the loudmouth meat eating guy is always ragging the nature guy about cause he doesn't wear shoes. The nature guy should wear shoes or at least keep some with him, But military guy rags and bitches. I thought the military instructed you NOT to do that ??
In one episode he actually made a pair of sandals for himself from a cut up tire, and cut up seat belt.
That was the desert episode.

The tough guy does irritate me sometimes, but in the episode in the mountains or New Zealand he was actually a pretty cool guy.

·
Registered
122 Posts
awesome show i love it. I think the reason he got mad on the bayou episode is because he doesnt want his partner to get injured or killed while there out there.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
I knew Cody was cool once he showed how adamant he is about going barefoot everywhere. :thumbup The guy has a great philosophy regarding man's relationship to the natural world, especially his place within it.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I knew Cody was cool once he showed how adamant he is about going barefoot everywhere. :thumbup The guy has a great philosophy regarding man's relationship to the natural world, especially his place within it.

I agree. Honestly wish I could or would be more like that.

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
I think it's a pretty good show. I also like SurvivorMan and thing the Bear Gryls Man vs. Wild is crap. I just watched the first episode of Man, Woman, Survival today and it may have merit. The guy must really love his wife and vise versus. She seems to be at least willing to do the dirty stuff and he's patient enough with her not to loose his cool when she freaks out.

I think Dual Survival is a little faked to some degree. Not quite as overhyped as the tense interactions you see on Survivor. But I think some of the differences of opinion between the two and there techniques are a little over played for the sake of the show. I doreally like though how it shows basically both sides of the same story.

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
I have watched all episodes so far and it is entertaining. I kinda score it hippy guy 1 military guy 6.

The hippy guy is good at being the bitch, being mary homemaker with bedding and a nice camp. He is vary good at starting a fire. The barefoot thing is pretty stupid most of the time but I guess it helped him crawl through the bog faster.

The military guy is more gung ho and in your face. His main goal is to get meat and get out. He is good at trapping and that little four foot gator wasn't that much of a life threatening position. Hippy guy just didn't like that he hurt one of gods almost endangered creatures. He pouted for a while but after reluctantly eating gater nuggets had to admit it was pretty good. He obviously hasn't gone hungry too much in his life.

It's kinda like the odd couple goes survival.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
I agree, Hippie guy 1, Immature-loudmouth-dogthebountyhunter-wrestling mentality-total jerk-no inner confidence so he acts tough probably has tribal tatoo's-totally missed alot of what the military could have tought him about being a real man. Guy 6.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I cant stand the bare foot hippie guy. But I have been a long time fan of Dave Canterberry on youtube. He has tons of wilderness and survival related vids out.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree, Hippie guy 1, Immature-loudmouth-dogthebountyhunter-wrestling mentality-total jerk-no inner confidence so he acts tough probably has tribal tatoo's-totally missed alot of what the military could have tought him about being a real man. Guy 6.
:thumbup:thumbup

·
Banned
906 Posts
Love it when they are at each others throats.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Love it when they are at each others throats.
It's always about Dave "needing meat" for some reason, isn't it. :rofl:

·
Banned
906 Posts
Thing is though is these guys ain't stuck out in the middle of the woods. They got camera guys following them...probably a big RV bus and a road is near by.....with some Hollywood backscreen effects too....and probably many doses of anti-venom...with a portable dvd player with Pee Wees Playhouse in it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts