Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting a '89 5.8L Bronco in a week or two and it has a few problems, the main one being the tailpipes which i need to replace so it will pass inspection. My question is how do the tailpipes connect to the muffler? is it welded or bolted :shrug i have no freaking clue, if they need to be welded i gotta bring it to a shop if not i can save about $70.

I plan to post some pics as soon as i get it, some of the other things on the truck that need to be fixed are:
the hood lock
passenger door lock
tailgate is out of alignment (the last owner backed into a tree stump)
oil pressure drops and then goes back to nrmal ( ive read about this in this post[/URL]
fuel gauge is not accurate
the radio is all f___ed up

most of these repairs are mentioned in the forums and the search button helps alot

hope i dont get :mad: a lot for this but i have no fing clue what im doing when it comes to trucks:toothless

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,278 Posts
Hey welcome to the site Dave, don't worry you won't get torched too much..As far as the muffler goes, it depends on the laws, in some states, I know a muffler clamp can be used and hold the muffler on to the tail pipe just fine. As for not having a clue when it comes to "Broncos", hang around here long enough and you will.:beer :thumbup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
next paycheck im gonna pick up one of the manuals and when i do the tailpipes im gonna use a muffler clamp.

thanks for the advice and welcome guys:beer

·
Registered
432 Posts
It is pretty normal for the oil pressure to be low at idle, my truck registers no pressure. It happens when ford motors get alot of wear on them, as long as it isnt knocking dont worry about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts