Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was out wheelin last w/e and put a hole in my front tank, was pretty much empty, so i've been using my back tank all this week, everything was fine, well, i just put 10 bucks in the rear tank, and the front one starting leakin...it's an 84, there's no return line, so it cant be getting pumped back into the wrong tank...what the hell

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
I know it's a different year but my dad's 94 pumps into the front tank when the rear is on also. Not sure exactly how your setup works but apparently the valve that switches between tanks isn't switching all the way and is allowing some fuel from the rear tank to go into the front tank as well as up to the engine.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i didnt install the tanks, everything is factory....and worked fine up until today...

front tank was definitly empty, didnt leak at all until today...

everything was workin fine, was just using the back tank cause of the leak in the front, then when i put gas in it today, it started coming out the front, our work truck does that...pumps gas into the other tank...i know they do that, but i guess mine just had to start sometime...

·
Banned
19,922 Posts
next level said:
...it cant be getting pumped back into the wrong tank...
You SAW it! :twak Unless your leaky tank is spontaneously creating gas to leak out, it IS getting pumped into the wrong tank. :shrug

Read the Haynes description of the various types of fuel tank select valves, and the "dual function reservoir". Then do some searches here & on ORC for a thread that describes how to rebuild the reservoir (if your truck has one).

***EDIT***
Read this thread. :deal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts