Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is like a million threads about this but i couldnt quite find what i was looking for. i am tring to work the bko in around the family budget,and i want to buy a new battery. the one that came with my truck is only a 500cca. can i put a bigger one with it or will that create problems? i put subs and an amp in and it kills my battery pretty quick is the reason i want to attempt the dual setup. thanks for any info

·
Registered
538 Posts
Put on a higher amp output 3g alternator before you run a dual battery setup. Dual batteries will put more of a load on your stock alt without even adding anything else.

·
Never ending project
1,084 Posts
You could put any size you want in it as long as it will fit what you want is a dual isolated setup you can use a isolator but i prefer a constant duty solenoid less voltage drop but you really need a 3g alt first search 3g alt for info put your stereo amp on extra battery:thumbup

·
Registered
784 Posts
plan to have problems if you dont use an isolator. especially since ur using two completely different batteries. stinger 200amp battery switching relays built for that purpose are available on ebay for 40 bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts