Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've don the research and cant find anyone who has how they ran there duals could someone please send info. thanks JAY...:brownbag :usa :doh:

K

·
0 Posts
i just want to add that there is 4 topics just on the FIRST page of this section on exhaust, no telling how many more on the OTHER pages! (i've started atleast 2 or 3 of my own with your answers in them...) when your searching, look for the topics with exhaust keywords :toothless - kenny

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
I thought I said how I ran mine in that thread. You have to go on the passenger side of the t-case. Then, if you want it to exit on both sides, split it at the t-case, and route one side over the drive shaft as close to the t-case as possible. (not too close) then strait back on both sides, over the axle and out behind the tires. That's if you want true duals.

If you just want it to look like duals, then put a y-pipe just before the gas tank, and then route the pipes out on either side. You can also keep the pipes together like this with the true duals, and then split them at the tank, but for some reason I found it was better to split right behind the t-case.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have dual

The y pipe was expanded and runs into a 3 inch pipe then splits off to two mufflers which run the pipe out in front of the rear tires

I know thats not true dual but it sounds great ( yah know nice mellow at idle then when i stomp on it little kids four blocks away start to cry :thumbup )

The way that fords are set up makes it hard to set up a dual exhaust i like how mines done, it frees up alot a power and it was cheaper than it would have been if i had tried for true dual (at least when quoted)

Ok just saying

Personally i say talk to the guy whos gunna do the werk and then go with what you really want to do not the opinion of a guy youve never met
Just my 2 cents worth

Matt--

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
davids78bronco said:
I don't know about you fawkers, but mine are run under the bronco :goodfinge
So that's what I did wrong. Dammit! I'll get the hang of this one day.

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
Fireguy50 said:
81bronk36 has duals
SEARCH :goodfinge
Ya this topic is second to ones about lifts and tires.... Check out Sept pics or truck pics in my superford you can see how I got it by the trans and T case.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
When I had duals (no pics) the pipes came off the headers, the drivers side crossed over to the passenger side and ran parallel to each other. The Flowmasters were mounted vertical side by side. Then both pipes ran out the passenger side.

·
Registered
156 Posts
O i forgot to mention that i fliped my headers :D And all my exhaust runs over the roof its all chromed and Shiny and held on by duck tape it also shoots flame outta the pipes when i stomp on it as my little L.E.D. exhaust tip blinks11

:goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge

Matt-- :whip :enforce :rebelflag

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
jerry 1 a b said:
I thought I said how I ran mine in that thread. You have to go on the passenger side of the t-case. Then, if you want it to exit on both sides, split it at the t-case, and route one side over the drive shaft as close to the t-case as possible. (not too close) then strait back on both sides, over the axle and out behind the tires. That's if you want true duals.

This is what I did also.....except I ran them strait back to the rear.

·
Registered
109 Posts
alright...check it out. i cut out both cats and cut the pipes about 6 in from the manifolds. i threw everything in the trash. i ran two new pipes, of course the driver side had to be run underneath the oil pan. both pipes run side by side on the passenger side of the tcase. after that they spread back out and i have 12in glasspacks. then they hump over the rear axle and exit out the sides. dont run it out the rear unless you like exhaust fumes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maybe this way I'll get an answer. The previous owner put duals on and routed to pipes out in front of each rear tire. This allows exhaust to come in when u open the windows really bad. I want to have the tailpipes redone to exit to each rear corner, but there is a break line in the way of the drivers side.
Has anyone changed their brake line in order to have a tail pipe on each side like I want?

Thanks alot,
Jason

Yes I searched, and couldn't find and answer.

·
Unregistered User
697 Posts
tomahawk17233 said:
The previous owner put duals on and routed to pipes out in front of each rear tire. This allows exhaust to come in when u open the windows really bad.
When you're sitting at a red light right? Just roll up the windows and crank up the A/C. Or just dont stop long enough for the exhaust to billow up and into the windows... treat them red lights like a stop sign. It'd be a good way to start making those stupid ricey hondas extinct. :goodfinge

1 - 20 of 24 Posts