Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was just wondering where to buy those big ass hiems on the duff arms. One of mine is getting sloppy. I can hear it popping and clunking when I hit a bump. It is driving me nuts. Anyway has anybody else ran into this problem?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sorry I don't have an answer, but I am thinking of getting the Cage arms and was wondering how long your heims lasted.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
slim said:
Well I was just wondering where to buy those big ass hiems on the duff arms. One of mine is getting sloppy. I can hear it popping and clunking when I hit a bump. It is driving me nuts. Anyway has anybody else ran into this problem?
From Cage offroad, callem up, or you can buy the same FK brand from various places such as bakerprecision.com. IIRC the cage arm uses a FK male rod end JM16-1 (stamped right on the heim).

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jonnybronco said:
Sorry I don't have an answer, but I am thinking of getting the Cage arms and was wondering how long your heims lasted.
I have probably had them on for a little over a year. I dont have the cage arms, I have the duff arms. I think they use the same hiem though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'de give evolution machine a call. They make the sickest ones on the market.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Just got a call from the brother-in-law who is running Duff arms on his early bronco. He has about 3000 street miles and one trip though the Rubicon on them. He takes it pretty easy on his truck too. Well, anyways, he had one of those big honkin rod ends come apart! The outer shell kept the radius arm connected at least. I was kinda surprised. I ran a set of these on my 79 and would do so again but would keep a closer eye on that rod end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts