Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Bronco's just really loud?

I know this is a dumb question, but this is my first truck. Before this i've owned, 01 Acura Integra, 94 Chevy Monte Carlo, 91 TBird Supercoupe & a 89 Camaro Z28, so nothing even truck 'like'.

When driving the Bronco, the engine is really loud, like a diesel truck, theres no knocking or squealing, so nothing 'obviously' wrong, it's just really loud. Also, when i let off the gas, it loudly, slows down. It's like when you are engine braking with a manual tranny car, that loud run down. Again, no weird noise, just very very loud. I can't hear anyone in the truck when i'm driving unless we yell at each other and have to go really loud with the radio to hear that.

Is it supposed to be this loud, or is there something i'm missing?

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I know the fan can be kinda loud when the clutch kicks in or flex fans can be loud too.
But to have to yell to talk is a bit much. Can you upload some audio? Could be lots of things

·
Registered
446 Posts
"Yelling at each other" loud? No.

What type of exhaust and what condition is it in?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Full interior and all of the noise comes from the front. I can't hear the exhaust at all, It doesn't sound like an exhaust manifold leak. But it maybe an issue with the fan clutch.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I first noticed my Bronc was insanely loud when me and some friends were tubing down the river. All the girls like riding in the Bronco with the top off so it was our designated runner truck (wait at a point down river and run people back up).

I remember hearing that 5.8L for MILES away! It sounded like something huge and scary was rolling down the road towards us. I couldn't believe it was my truck! I have a 100% stock exhaust too so it was all engine noise!

Made me fall deeper in love with it :toothless

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
I first noticed my Bronc was insanely loud when me and some friends were tubing down the river. All the girls like riding in the Bronco with the top off so it was our designated runner truck (wait at a point down river and run people back up).

I remember hearing that 5.8L for MILES away! It sounded like something huge and scary was rolling down the road towards us. I couldn't believe it was my truck! I have a 100% stock exhaust too so it was all engine noise!

Made me fall deeper in love with it :toothless
I don't believe that for one second. I've driven next to countless broncos that were all stock (nobody mods them up here) and I couldn't hear them over my kia with a simple muffler delete.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need to find someone local with a bronco in 'good shape'. So i can ride in it and see what it's supposed to sound like! It may just be me over reacting.

·
Super Moderator
26,089 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
you also have to consider that these older vehicles are not so much insulated for noise reduction. The Broncos are a huge body and pretty much any noise that comes from the engine, tans, suspension, axles are going to be louder. Road noise in general is pretty loud in these things. My dad had an 80 model and that thing was crazy loud. Iv been in some newer models but still they were pretty noisy chasis as well. If you have the money throw down some dyna matt or cheep insulation with carpet and it will help. Also if your thinkin its mostley the fan/cluctch obvously if its running out then change it but you can alwasy go to electic fans which will help with fuel milage and HP gains and of course clean up your engine bay for a cleaner look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts