Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Alright, update time.

I cut the custom winch bumper off the frame and sold it. Mounted up the stock unit from the parts Bronco.

I also sold the parts Bronco. The guy that bought my winch bumper wanted it to swap is power train into. Beforehand, I pulled the new tailgate off of it. It was packed full of new parts. A friend of mine painted it for me. I rebuilt the whole thing with the new parts, reused my glass, harness, and actuating rods for the handle and latches. I made a video and I’ll post it up once I finish editing. Long story short, no more trim panel and I have to paint the rest of the Bronco now. This thing is slick!

Over my weekend I installed a new water pump. While in there I found a heater hose linked, probably why my heater was mediocre.

So that’s where we’re at now. I just ordered a Borgeson steering shaft and will be ordering pro comp 4” leaf springs for the rear next week. The new shaft should finish off tightening up my steering and the springs should level the rear out. Just in time for spring/summer.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I installed a Borgeson steering shaft today. Part #980. At $260.77 shipped it was kinda pricey, but no more expensive than an OEM unit. WORTH EVERY PENNY! This eliminated all remaining slack in my steering, and there was quite a bit to get rid of.

For fitment, I cut 12” off of the top/hollow end and 3/4” off of the solid/bottom end. Paint and install. For the lower set screw they recommend grinding a flat in the input shaft of the steering gear for it to sit flat. Instead, I slid the joint over the input shaft splines and when it was at the correct spot for my liking it happened to line up with the grove in the steering gear input shaft. The set screw set just right in the groove and I locked it down there with the jam nut. It’s not going anywhere.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts