Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
not banned
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide between Dupont, Omni and PPG.

I would like to do primer, base, and clear all from the same brand.

I will be redoing the entire BKO, not just touch up work. There is no body work, but there are multiple seam seal lines and newly welded panels (not yet, but there will be).

I have read posts of people claiming:
1. Omni is great and only 1/2 the cost.
2. Omni sucks after 5 years.
3. Dupont is easier to apply.

Seems to me PPG is worth it.

thoughts?

OH, and anyone know where i can buy it online.

·
Registered
28 Posts
First of all, I would never buy paint online. Check your yellow pages to find a local supplier. They can give you great advise too. As far as which paint to use, as you've seen there are many different options. Omni is a PPG paint. It's their cheaper line of paint. From what I've read, it's a great product to use if you're looking for a stock-style paint job. It doesn't sound like you would want to paint a show car with it, but for a daily driver, or weekend cruiser, it should do the trick. Dupont has a line of paint that is comparable to PPG's Omni. I think it's called Nason. I've heard that both systems are fairly similar. I'm planning on painting my F-250 with PPG Omni when it comes time to paint it.

·
Administrator
22,839 Posts
solvent or water borne?...If waterborne (which we are going to be required to be using in Cali, and my store already is) I would say PPG, the Dupont clears are really hard to work with and leave behind massive amounts of fisheyes, and solvent pop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts