Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whell, to keep with my plan to keep my bronco, today i got 2 gallons of Black Durback for $100...unopened :rockon

Im gonna eaither fix the rusted rear fenders, or (most likely) cut all 4 fenders out about an inch or so, then durback the whole damn thing......Im tryin to picture what it will look like with the White Top, and all Black everywhere else? Anyhow, if i dont like the white, i got my other black bronco and that has a black back. Ill post some pics of how it comes out, but i gotta order the special "rollers".

·
Registered
99 Posts
where did U get that deal?
is there other color avable for that price?

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
that is a good deal. i dont know about a black truck with a white top though. might look bad ass might not. do it, and if you dont like the look go get you three can of black krylon and do the top. post pics too cause i too am going to duraback my bronco

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my brother's friend had it, and never used it. so i took it cheap.....and yes, you can get every color you want from them (black is the cheapest). you can spray it on, but they actually reccomend the roller for more even application. Im also gonna duraback my rims...i got some 15X12? aluminum rims for $20, but they look like crap, they were polished, but the clearcoat is all chipping away....so i figure why not black-out the truck lol. Another added bonus of this stuff, is when its done, i never have to worry about a scratch again....i can just run her straight through the woods, and clean er with a pressure washer.

here are the rims....as you see, perfect canidate for durabacking

·
Registered
99 Posts
how tough is this stuff?? I thinking on doing it my self But how easy is it to repair?? what is the prep work need for it? do U gust rough it up a bit or remove all wax and clear coat then apply? ya problay should of done a search but If your going to do it and turns out great do a write up on to pass on the out come.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for sure ill do a write up......from what i read, if you need to patch, just run another coat over the area, i guess the stuff is SUPER-tough, and a bit more rubberized than say Linex, or rhinoliner. And the stuff is suposed to stick like a mother. you use a cleaner (similar to acetone, can remembe rthe name...xylecol or something) then just spray, roll or brush it on.

·
Registered
554 Posts
that will look NICE....I want to POR15 some stuff on mine when I get to that stage. As well as some under area body spots when I get around to doing the body work to it.

We POR15'd a buddies 93z71 when it was flipped (someone hit him and put it in a ditch) several years ago. Man that stuff is TOUGH, we took some big arse std. screw drivers and couldnt get it too chip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts