Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what the heck is the difference in the blue grommets. one has the red and white wire together and the other has them seperated.. they both are on the same plug but different position in the grommet:banghead any help would be greatly appreciated :thumbup

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
I don't think it matters position wise but if i remeber there is a 2 wire and 3 wire one.

More info / pic would help us out.

BTW what are ya tryin to do or having a prob with?

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
The only difference I recall in Duraspark controls is that one has an altitude compensator or something like that. I only came across one during 10 years in auto repair. The boxes did evolve over time and with different manufacturers, so there will be some packaging differences.

On a side note, my company uses exactly the same box and grommet setup with Weatherpak connectors for Korean bus ignition controls. It was a shock to see all those Duraspark boxes with my company name on them being made in our shop.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Blue tab box is for the truck and brown/red is for cars, I don't know what the differance is, but you should not interchange them. There is also a "high altitude" version for the truck, but not sure how it compensates. I run the normal version in mine and have gone from sea level to 8,000+ ft without a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts