Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sold a HP 320LX on ebay(a small personal cp). I am trying to get the guy a shipping quote but It's asking me if it's dutiable or non-dutiable. I am shipping it overseas to Spain, which isn't hard but I just need to know if it is or not because it does make a $20 difference. Anyone who knows I would greatly appreciate the input, thanks!

Keith
~Houston, TX

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
DvlRacer said:
I just sold a HP 320LX on ebay(a small personal cp). I am trying to get the guy a shipping quote but It's asking me if it's dutiable or non-dutiable. I am shipping it overseas to Spain, which isn't hard but I just need to know if it is or not because it does make a $20 difference. Anyone who knows I would greatly appreciate the input, thanks!

Keith
~Houston, TX
Say no. Declare it as a gift so the guy doesn't have to pay tax and an import duty.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
dogonmut said:
Say no. Declare it as a gift so the guy doesn't have to pay tax and an import duty.

I second that, do it if you can. A "duty" is a tax on merchandise bought outside your country. Dutiable = Taxable, Non-Dutiable = non taxable.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
do you know the guy who is buying it? i would make damn sure i had money in hand before selling it like that

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Another thought: gift = free + shipping costs. Shipping costs = real price + real shipping costs. Why not. But do something about the HD!!!!

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
marv said:
Another thought: gift = free + shipping costs. Shipping costs = real price + real shipping costs. Why not. But do something about the HD!!!!
I don't understand what you mean. About the hard drive, what do you want me to do w/ it? It's a really old handheld pc with no personal information on it. So if you're saying I need to format it, that's not an issue. But if you're getting at something else, fill me in. The guys at UPS said if it's a gift it should be duty free, and the guy who purchased it is being great, he's willing to pay the shipping no matter what it is, so I'm going to try to save him any money I can. He is paypal'ing the money before I ship the pc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts