Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I was installing my subs/amp in my truck and as a result I was pulling up carpet, etc... This was the first time I had done this on my truck and I was surprised to find dynamat everywhere! The entire interior of my truck is lined with it! Under the carpet, behind door panels, etc... Any one have any ideas as to why? I am not complaining as this explains why the ride is so quiet, but I just though it was odd...

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,547 Posts
So yesterday I was installing my subs/amp in my truck and as a result I was pulling up carpet, etc... This was the first time I had done this on my truck and I was surprised to find dynamat everywhere! The entire interior of my truck is lined with it! Under the carpet, behind door panels, etc... Any one have any ideas as to why? I am not complaining as this explains why the ride is so quiet, but I just though it was odd...
Are you seriously asking why?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I realize thats what it is for, but that stuff is not cheap!!! I was just wondering if anyone could think of any other reason it would be done!

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,640 Posts
People do it for many reasons. I tore my rig down to bare sheet metal and worked my way up from sound deadener, carpet padding then all new carpet. Its a lot of work. But your lucky.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,369 Posts
They probably installed it for the same reasons that most people who know better install Peel and Seal for a fraction of the price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.