Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally had time to get this outta my way. When you listen to it, you might want to turn the bass down or something. Because it was probably a good 5' away and still concussed the mic I was using! But all in all, tell me what you think! Thanx

Make you you right click and save as, otherwise it won't work!

http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/showmedia.php?id=302247

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stock y pipe, 3" dynomax race bullet, then into 3" pipe all the way to the front of my rear wheel. Waitin for some more cash to finish the 3" tailpipe all the way out the back

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, so I'll be doing either another sound clip with a better quality or a video clip with sound. If I do choose to do another sound clip, I'll add a few or something. But will make sure I got one of idling then going, then another one of it driving by. Then a sound clip of whatever else anyone wants to hear. So hit me up with some info. Lata

·
Registered
45 Posts
The only thing I don't like about the bullets is the motor boat sound they make at idle. I had a set on my '99 Cobra and they a sounded AWESOME... LOUD AS HELL, but awesome.:rockon

They will definetely get some attention.;)

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
B_Cheetah23 said:
Ok, so I'll be doing either another sound clip with a better quality or a video clip with sound. If I do choose to do another sound clip, I'll add a few or something. But will make sure I got one of idling then going, then another one of it driving by. Then a sound clip of whatever else anyone wants to hear. So hit me up with some info. Lata
Just make sure it's not windy when you do the "driveby" :doh0715:

I speak from experience.

I like the sound of that one, I wonder though if it would sound better with a bassani Y or similar? And do you have cat(s)? Are they/is it stock or aftermarket?

Anyhow, how much did the setup cost you?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have stock Y, 1 stock cat off the Y, then about 2' of 3" pipe going into the 3" bullet. It ends just at the Rear passenger side wheel. Haven't had a tailpipe put on yet. Waitin for some calls, finally got certified as a Firefighter 1 this last weekend:rockon , So after a few calls I'm going to get that all done with. Then will get a bassani Y pipe and won't be running a cat after that. Going to try and get 3" all the way. Then after the Ypipe will get some headers. So little by little it will get done.

The set up I have right now cost me:
-$38 for the muffler + shipping from summit
-$44 for a 10' section of 3" exhaust pipe from Napa
-$0 for the welds. Had a friend do it for me:popc1:

and when I do the drive-by clip I will make sure there's no wind. But I won't have a problem, up here in Alaska, my road has lots of trees so that will cover up most of the wind! haha

·
Currently FSB divorced
956 Posts
Sounds good. I have a custom 2.5 "Y" pipe and a catco for inspection purposes only.Then 2.5 all the way back with a turn down. It is very loud but my swampers take some of that away! I plan this summer to redo my exhaust just the pipes from cat back. Will be easy as I welded three-bolt flanges to connect muffler and cat to the pipes for easy on/off. If I could figure out how to take a sound bit I'd do it but I'm not real computer friendly. -Bob

·
Currently FSB divorced
956 Posts
Sounds good. I have a custom 2.5 "Y" pipe and a catco for inspection purposes only and the bullet. Then 2.5 all the way back with a turn down. It is very loud but my swampers take some of that away! I plan this summer to redo my exhaust just the pipes from cat back. Will be easy as I welded three-bolt flanges to connect muffler and cat to the pipes for easy on/off. If I could figure out how to take a sound bit I'd do it but I'm not real computer friendly. -Bob

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yah it's a single exhaust. I did have a Flowmaster Y going out the back with 2 flowmasters, it was obnoxiously loud. But that old set-up was getting ready to burn through. The pipes the people used were crap. I probably only put around 10k miles on it and it started buring holes into the pipes. So I had to get rid of that. So I i searched around on here and found out you can get a lil better performance with bigger exhaust. So the journey started towards that. about 1/3 of the way there. So it'll be nice when I get her all finished up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts