Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 78 bronk came with out a e-brake, didn't even have the peddle in there. i know it's not too important to have one (since i have the c6 not a manual), but would like one to use when i have it jacked up/working on it. any advice on how to hook up one cheap, any priced the ones that hook up to the t-case? thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
You could use a mico lock setup or a line lock, They are pretty cheap. It installs in the rear brake line on the frame and uses a lever to lock the rear brakes, You just push the pedal and flip the lever and they are locked

·
Registered
455 Posts
You really need an E-brake in case of failure of the hydraulic system. Whoever removed it deserved a Darwin award.
What about getting the missing parts from a junkyard and replacing the stock system? All there is to it are three cables, the pedal and maybe a couple of brackets.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm impressed that the previous owner of yours actually decided to remove everything --- one of my broncos just had both the cables cut off and wired to the frame. The pedal is still there, it just doesn't do anything.

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, no peddle, i don't like that set up at all. i'll price each way and see which is the cheapest/easiest. thanks

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks, i'll price that and how much it'll cost to put the stock parking brake back on.

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
posted on the wanted section, anyone have the e-brake peddle assembly?

·
aka BroncoB♥tch
839 Posts
I don't got any of the e brake stuff either, I removed the pedal though since it was busted off where it hooked under the dash there and couldn't be used anyway, I've been meaning to put another on just haven't gotten to it, relatively easy even if you have nothing I would think, cause there are just the 2 bolts that go thru the firewall and the one bolt that goes into the bottom of the dahs there and then just run your new cables and such, most of the used ones don't work properly anyway so ya might as well just purchase new, that's my thinking when I finally get to it anyway

·
Registered
455 Posts
The stock cables are all-steel sheathed, and rust like crazy and then seize up. That's why you see so many cables cut and pedals broken; it's easier to eliminate the E-brake than fix it I guess.....

The replacement cables are plastic sheathed and should last much longer and not rust. I had to replace mine last summer, and now the E-brake feels like new again. It's well worth the 50 bucks or so to fix it, IMHO.

·
Registered
49 Posts
An emergency brake is just that. It is a mechanical backup to a hydraulic brake system. If you have ever done the squishy turd stomp on your brake peddle you appreciate the backup.

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for all the imput, i think i have located a pedal, now i'll buy some new cable and get it working.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts