Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following Brians write up for an electric fan, i am trying to find a couple things.

Does anyone know what reservoir this is? it looks like a ford part nmber on it, but i cant read it?

Also, anyone know what to use for thremal switch? i have a sender in my thermostat housing, as well as the factory sender, but need to know if I can just buy a manual adjustable switch. I dont need the wiring and relays, as I have all that

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
you can buy just the adj thermal switch it comes with a prob to insert into the rad hose or into the fins your choice. I chose to run that after the un adj because i wanted it to come on sooner for me. Plus i turn it down to come on sooner when wheeling then turn it back up to come on later for DD use.

·
Banned
18,967 Posts
I thought Mustang reservoirs were on the passenger side... :scratchhe

The only ones I remember on the driver's side were for the intercooler.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Plug

These are available on 1990 Town Cars and are probably cheaper than the other one;

Sixlitre

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
Steve83 said:
I thought Mustang reservoirs were on the passenger side... :scratchhe

The only ones I remember on the driver's side were for the intercooler.
Mine was on the Drivers Side in my 95 the 87 to 93 had A funky one though was it just a canister that kinda sat there or am I thinking of something else

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Plug

You realize that tank in my pic is from the stock 5.0litre 1990 Lincoln, but that's a Taurus 3.8 electrical fan, not the original Lincoln fan.

Just so you know. Also, it was a ringer of a fit on the taurus fan IMO and it's mounting tab and bolt are easier for mounting than the one in the first pic, again IMO.

Sixlitre

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
If I remember brian said that his was a lincoln fan with a lincoln water bottle that was flipped from the driverside to the passanger side. I just threw my dual fans on and am fixing to wire them up. I haven't looked for a thermal switch yet so I am going to wire them up to a switch from 4x4mods.com the switches they have are the coolest. up for one and down for both and when the time comes for the thermal switch there will be up for auto and down for manual on. I likes the idea of a thermal switch just don't know where to find one.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
plug ugly said:
yeah, I grabbed one out of the junkyard today. thanks 6liter, it was 4.99. Ford wanted 67 bucks (for a mustang one)

$4.99 ! Great score Plug !

I'll take three ! Gotta get me an extra one next time I'm out in a junkyard. Anything Mustang has a premium on it when you're buying parts new or used I find.

That slit you see at the bottom of this pic was how I mounted the tank on my framework the taurus fan is on;

Just snugs in there and one bolt above. One tip I wish I'd known about was make sure you can pull out the alternator bolt by centering the taurus fan shroud with that in mind.

Sixlitre

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
plug ugly said:
Ive got a diff style of alt. its a 3 bolt.
That's right !

I's a V-belter on the bronco and my Lincoln has the old style serpentine. I'm sure my Scottish blood will boil when I see how much a new serpentine belt costs compared to my V-belts !

Sixlitre (the cheap ba$turd)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts