Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, is any one running the detroit ez locker in their D44.im thinking about putting it in my SA when it goes up.ill be running it with 33's and a detroit locker in the rear.thanx

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
I thought about it. It seems like the best choice to me. A front locker can be trouble on a muddy trail when you try to steer. I selectable locker seems like the best thing to me and electric seems better (and cheaper) than a ARB air.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i would love to have a eletric or even air but money is a big issue. it says that the ez will unlock when turning......but i dunno.isnt the aussie sorta the same thing?
http://www.reiderracing.com/ezlocker.htm

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
Sorry, thought you were talking about the electric locker. Easy locker means easy install. In theory at least!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does that thing replace the old carrier?.i kinda beat the crap outa it gettin it out

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
No it doesnt replace the carrier. Just the spider gears. What gear ratio do you have? I have an extra open carrier.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im going with 4.10.is there any kind of easy unlocking locker(for turning) that replaces the carrier?

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
my carrier is from 3.55 gears, around 4.10 or so you have to jump up to the bigger carrier, I forget the actual cut off point.

anything that replaces the entire carrier is going to be a: pricey, and b: hard to turn when on. unless of course you go selectable, which then is even more pricey.

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
4.10 and down is the same 4.56 and up is different.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool, i was also thinkin about the detroit tru trac but a lil more pricey.any one got experience with those.ill have to check the carrier cuz when i was trying to get the pinion nut off i jammed a crow bar into the spider gears and made it not turn...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts