Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw and early 80's E250 4wd. it was sporting a similar setup to our fullsize broncos except it was of course a solid axle. the Radius arms also looked like whats used on the bronco as well. any reason why this axle wouldnt work as is? i tried a search but didnt find anything sorry if this has been talked about before

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
chances are it was swapped in, the same as a solid on a post-79 bronco. cant really see why it wouldnt, should use all the same stuff

·
Pissin' into the wind
2,523 Posts
Yeah, I have two Ford vans down the street that are SAS'd with D44's. As far as I know all vans with solid axles had them swapped in, either by the owner or places like Quigley.

·
7,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there are a bunch running around bend. i will try to take a closer look next time. i know fedex has a few as well. the one i saw was like an 86 but looked factory done. had the bronco upper spring mount/shock setup

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
i saw a mid 80's e250/350 at ponce inlet a couple weeks ago, had a D44 SAS almost exactly like how the norm is on our broncos. i think 90bronc's rig was a specialty job, and the shop that did the axle figured links were they way to go. either way, it shouldnt be too hard to do if its set up using bronco gear

·
7,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this would be a great setup if it wasnt to wide. there would be far less to fab up including the track bar. also the one i looked at , the front diff was damn close to the front crossmemeber

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
InkDawg said:
He did the install himself...
i know. but the shop that did the conversion on the van decided to go with jeep style control arms

1 - 11 of 11 Posts