Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm about to drop the pan again and install the Punisher VB. About 2,000 miles ago I dropped the pan and changed the filter and put fresh fluid. Should I replace the filter again when I put in the VB or just drop new fluid in it? I was gonna leave it but wanted suggestions...I have a new 4R100 Pan and gasket to install also and understand that it has the dimples in the pan to keep the filter from dropping...would that be correct?

·
Registered
1993 F150 XLT 302 Auto 4x4 2.5" Lift on 32's
63 Posts
When you get the opportunity change the filter when you can. Its open now, so just swap it out for new. I service the transmission once a year to every other year.

·
Super Moderator
25,031 Posts
Ok so I'm about to drop the pan again and install the Punisher VB. About 2,000 miles ago I dropped the pan and changed the filter and put fresh fluid. Should I replace the filter again when I put in the VB or just drop new fluid in it? I was gonna leave it but wanted suggestions...I have a new 4R100 Pan and gasket to install also and understand that it has the dimples in the pan to keep the filter from dropping...would that be correct?
Yo Bayou,
"...dimples in the pan to keep the filter from dropping..."
Yes:
Filter Clip Alternative; "... have seen many threads and received many pm's as of late speaking of the stay-put filter clip used to keep the filters from falling out of the pump in the e4od. there is an alternative to using this clip. it is more expensive but also has more benefits than just using this clip. you can get a trans pan from a 03 super-duty truck. this pan has little humps in the bottom to but up against the bottom of the filter and this keeps the filter from falling down. this pan also has a drain plug and extra capacity for 1.5 more qts of fluid. this pan also allows you to use the much better elastomer gasket. it is reusable and virtually leak-proof. much better than the cork design. it does require the use of a 4x4 filter..."
Source: by thePUNISHER (Paul) at FSB

"Install cleaned pan, gasket and bolts. Tighten bolts to 10-12 lb-ft." by Ford

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you get the opportunity change the filter when you can. Its open now, so just swap it out for new. I service the transmission once a year to every other year.
Will do TorqueO...thank you for your input!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts