Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took out the auto transfer case and put in a manual 1356. It turned out like stock. In 2 and 4 high the tranny works great. In 4 low 3rd and 4th slip some. The anti lock brake light is always on and according to the book it not supposed to work in 4 wheel drive. There are wires going to and from the 4 wheel drive shift module and there is one wire that goes to the anti skid module. Does anyone know from experience what to do to tell the computer that the system is changed? I have tried a lot of different stuff to no avail. All ideas will be tried. 1991,302,e4od. The two things that aren't correct are, 1-the abs light is on and 2-the tranny sgifts different than it did in 3 and 4 in low 4 wheel drive. The eec is not getting a signal from the shift module because i stuck a manual transfer case in it. the ford shop is dumb founded and although i will eventually figure it all out aI am looking for someone that has gone thru this particular thing.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
Try giving us a LOT more information than that, e.g. year of the vehicle, define "slip some," and pull some DTC's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts