Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 with a blown e40d I'm looking to replace with a c6 I have a complete late 80s parts bronco with the c6 both have the 5.0 I know I need to use the trans mount transfer case and drive shafts. Thinking about putting a slap shift in the floor what all would I need to do for the swap and would I have problems with the computer. If so would the one out of the parts truck work?

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,468 Posts
Manual computer would get it done, the one from the late 80s truck should work.
You will have to re-do the NSS switch to make it start correctly, simply wire it into your floor shifter.
to do it 100% correctly you would need the kickdown brackets from a efi/c6 Bronco, though I never installed it on mine. Its fun to down shift manually (at least with a good valve body it is).
Computer may run it as is, just that will think its in Neutral, or rather set the MLPS to N.
I am not 100% on computer as I went to stand alone mustang based EFI on my 92 when I went to the C6.

Do not miss the e4od at all really...

·
Super Moderator
27,400 Posts
Yo Russell,
Welcome!
C6 Swap Info in a 95 (all pics are gone; see Raf's bronkzilla.com site or my Link here), info begins on page 4); go to page 2 or 3 and see Fireguys info on the EEC comp swap
Source: by Rafael E (Bronkzilla, stressed) at FSB
●□●
Was speed control, if equipped, recall work completed? Check @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number); or @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site; or ... have VIN ready. While there, see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
See this guide by jowens1126 to confirm recall status @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96.

For any Bronco questions or to chat about desired modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to participate due to scammers who preyed on our members ).

Here is the 1993 Bronco Dealer Brochure in Google Drive @ 93Bronco.pdf

1993 Bronco Dealer Training Video via silver70 @

1993 Bronco, Venezuela Commercial @

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How To Upload Images To Posts & How to Use Search. See more tips!

➡ See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)

Try to find time to participate in our current Full-Size of the Quarter Contest & later, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
See pictures & build info of each Bronco nominated.
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Al

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
14,817 Posts
85 and 86 EFI 5.0 engines were kinda funky when it comes to the eec and signals it wants. Hopefully the truck is an 87-89. Its eec is what you'll want to use.

You'll need to use the donor front and rear drive shafts. Crossmember im not too sure about since the c6 is the father of the e4od.

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
Honestly you're better off getting another E4OD. I knew someone who had a c6 in his "trail" 93 and he was always backing out of things because it was so miserable to drive over 45 mph. and seriously, OD kicks in around 45-50, and the engine screams without it.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,468 Posts
Will need the cross-member from the c6 truck. The holes will be in the frame. At least the holes where in my 92. The c6 and e4od crossmember are not the same.
The transfer case shifter will be different, but should work in the newer truck. Do not loose the one of the older one though. It mounts to the trans/tcase differently.

-Miserable to drive? I must have different setup... I run mine down the highway at 75 @ 3k rpm. No big deal. I geared it accordingly though 33" with 4.10 gears.

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
Will need the cross-member from the c6 truck. The holes will be in the frame. At least the holes where in my 92. The c6 and e4od crossmember are not the same.
The transfer case shifter will be different, but should work in the newer truck. Do not loose the one of the older one though. It mounts to the trans/tcase differently.

-Miserable to drive? I must have different setup... I run mine down the highway at 75 @ 3k rpm. No big deal. I geared it accordingly though 33" with 4.10 gears.
At 3k every vehicle I own is pushing at least 85+.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,468 Posts
Yeah I get it... just saying not sure what the big deal is about a in good health small block Ford, turning some rpm going down the road. Guess it comes down to preference, for me its no big deal; I certainly would not say miserable.
Though agree likely not ideal setup for daily driver, when E4OD is plug and play especially.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts