Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Thishas been probably asked and answered on this forum, but I can't find it. I have a 94 Bronc 351, E40D set up and just recently (last Night) she started to buck into 2nd gear like I have a real nasty shift kit in her (I don't).

Should I be looking for a new tranny or What?

You guys are the experts.

Thanks

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Ok, Thishas been probably asked and answered on this forum, but I can't find it. I have a 94 Bronc 351, E40D set up and just recently (last Night) she started to buck into 2nd gear like I have a real nasty shift kit in her (I don't).

Should I be looking for a new tranny or What?

You guys are the experts.

Thanks

There are literally a dozen-plus threads about this tranny...with a shit-house full of tech stuff in them. You're really gonna have to use the Search goody, grab a couple of beers, a notebook and a pen and take it all in---slowly. These things ain't your great grandfather's Model A's............

Good luck

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
:stupid Also, pull codes.

·
Banned
5,463 Posts
1. drain the torque converter, drop the pan. Remove old filter.
2. Install new filter, gasket. Bolt pan up. Close torque converter drain.
3. Fill with new mercon fluid. Takes about 16 quarts?
4. Make sure you have a transmission cooler on that truck.
5. See if it shifts better, if it doesn't scan for codes.
6 post codes you find
8. PROFIT

·
Zombie Hunter
13,687 Posts
search "MLPS"

it's a sensor, one of many, that causes the E4OD to shift. When it goes bad, you get the type of problem you are talking about. It may or may not throw a code all the time too

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Had a shop scan for codes and there were none. Funny things is it was shifting hard on the way to the shop and after the scan she shifted fine. lol

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Had a shop scan for codes and there were none. Funny things is it was shifting hard on the way to the shop and after the scan she shifted fine. lol

I guess I'll be the first one to tell you that the D in E40D stands for Demons.

Btw the 40 represents how many times it'll shift after the first sign of trouble before it commits suicide.

And the E stands for Expensive.

Hope that helps................:smokin:

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
No, no, no. It's an "O" not a zero, as in, "Oh shit, what's wrong now?!?"

And I'm not sure whether it helped or not. :rofl:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.