Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have seen many threads and received many pm's as of late speaking of the stay-put filter clip used to keep the filters from falling out of the pump in the e4od. there is an alternative to using this clip. it is more expensive but also has more benefits than just using this clip.

you can get a trans pan from a 03 super-duty truck. this pan has little humps in the bottom to but up against the bottom of the filter and this keeps the filter from falling down.

this pan also has a drain plug and extra capacity for 1.5 more qts of fluid.

this pan also allows you to use the much better elastomer gasket. it is reusable and virtually leak-proof. much better than the cork design.

it does require the use of a 4x4 filter.

just some info i thought id pass on. thanks! paul

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Good info. I just did my tranny fluid and filter not long ago, with clip install, but next change I might go this route. I get a pan that has a bit more capacity and a drain plug. And although the clip is only about $6, try finding one locally. I bought mine online from a place several others suggested, and it was $18 total after $12 worth of shipping/handling if you can believe that. Plus this clip is a simple install, but you have to be careful tightening the bolt back into the tranny body. I don't even know what the little bolt is for, I just hope it doesn't come loose. Don't want to overtighten and strip it either. I also did not particularly like how the clip fit. Sure it will hold the filter in place, but I had to do a little "messaging" of the clip to get a fit to the filter that I liked.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Would that particular Tranny work in a 94 Bronco that currently uses the E4OD and Borg Warner 1356 Transfer Case? Even better would the transfer case & Tranny from the 2003 Super Duty work seamlessly in the Bronco? Cause if so that just opens a whole other door of possibilities for repair parts.

D2k9!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Would that particular Tranny work in a 94 Bronco that currently uses the E4OD and Borg Warner 1356 Transfer Case? Even better would the transfer case & Tranny from the 2003 Super Duty work seamlessly in the Bronco? Cause if so that just opens a whole other door of possibilities for repair parts.

D2k9!

no the trans will not work...it has a modular bell housing pattern. also it uses PWM as means of tcc apply. the e4od uses an on/off apply.... the bronco engine control system is not compatible with the trans.........

you can however install the 4r100 geartrain in the e4od. it is a much stronger geartrain........ the trans in my lightning is built in this manner.

·
Registered
92 Posts
no the trans will not work...it has a modular bell housing pattern. also it uses PWM as means of tcc apply. the e4od uses an on/off apply.... the bronco engine control system is not compatible with the trans.........

you can however install the 4r100 geartrain in the e4od. it is a much stronger geartrain........ the trans in my lightning is built in this manner.

Are there any other parts on the 4r100 that would swap over to an E4OD??

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Paul,

I emailed you a couple of days ago regarding your clutch box. Looking for some info.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
email me again. i thought i responded....but maybe that was to someone else....... what is your email address?
Sent again. I pm'd you my email addy.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts