Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a new to me 90 Bronco, E4OD and 351, 98K original miles. Couple things..lately if it sits for a few days it seems the converter is draning out? when I fire it up it takes up to 15/20 seconds at times to move after putting it in D, then it works fine, is this common?. Other question is my driving involves a long section of crappy road in which I seem to travel always at 2100 rpm/45 mph give or take. The converter seems to constantly go in and out of lockup at this speed and its annoying as all get out, is this normal or can it be adjusted?
Thanks for any help on these questions.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
could the trans filter have fallen out and is sitting in the pan ??? and... of course its new to you, thet stopped making them in 1990.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I would change the fluid by dropping the pan and replacing the filter. If its clogged up it will take some warming up and RPMs to get pressure. If the fluid is low it will do the same. On the C6 transmission there is a seal that goes bad that does the same thing, once that old hard seal gets warm then it seals and holds pressure to keep the clutches engaged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts