Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a dumb question to some, but I got to ask. How many Quarts of Tranny fluid do I need to do a Fluid/Filter change on my E4OD? In three books I have looked in they say between 12-15 quarts? That seems like a lot. Does anyone have a preferred brand? I'm going with AMSOIL when the tranny gets rebuilt. Thanks for the help.:rockon

ChappDogg

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
Yes, that's correct (12-15 qt.), assuming you're draining the torque converter, which I'd highly recommend. The E4OD is a pig, and she likes clean, cool fluid to live a long happy life. That means external filtration and a large add-on cooler, usually. Amsoil fluid is a great choice, but personally, I like Mobil1 synthetic for the transmission and engine.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
ChappDogg said:
This might be a dumb question to some, but I got to ask. How many Quarts of Tranny fluid do I need to do a Fluid/Filter change on my E4OD? In three books I have looked in they say between 12-15 quarts? That seems like a lot. Does anyone have a preferred brand? I'm going with AMSOIL when the tranny gets rebuilt. Thanks for the help.:rockon

ChappDogg
...till it reads full on the stick just save the extra.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.