Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddys 94 pukes fluid outta the front seal from time to time.
took it to the shop twice. they pulled the pan, replaced the filter, and said it looked like the tranny is in great shape.
he's got a big cooler, so we doubt that its running hot. need a gauge to make sure of that though. only every once in a while does it decide to puke fluid.
vent tube is new. doesnt seem to be kinked. had this problem before the vent was extended, so we are thinking venting is not the problem either.
no codes on the puter. shifts and seems to run great.
any ideas on this intermetant problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is my two cents.I am a trans tech/builder.I have seen the front seal do this on many E4OD's The garder spring in the seal has gotten weak and a little heat and it cant do its job.I would also look for a burnt ring from the converter clutch on the front side of converter.(engine side) A little slipping will make heat and not always set tot code.Sounds like you need to pull it anyway!

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
Same thing with my 86, after I bought it all of a sudden it was leaking a ton and eventually going thru a case a month until I had it rebuilt. Now it's dry as a bone and cleaner then the Board of health down there. Follow the advice of the threads that sounds closely associated to the problem. I have learned a ton from this site and everyone is great help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts