Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
possible without the specail FordTool?

I pulled a code that says its out of range, so possible its out of adjustment?

help.

Thanks.

·
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

Just was going thru the search of past threads on this and had not run across a definative "just line it up" answer.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,714 Posts
blueoval78 said:
have you updated it to the newer style i think its 95 style?
I believe thats the new style. I could be wrong, but my '95 has the connector on top not on the side, like that one.

Thanx for the pix bigric :thumbup

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,714 Posts
Anyone else notice it says " '92 GM AODE " in that pix? :twak :histerica

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no, My E4OD is the stock out of the factory 1990 model

got home too late to crawl under it tonight. try tommorrow before the rain?

then it is drain the gas tank and fix the pump.

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
they upgraded the mlp sensor in 95, made more better, not sure how, but it requires a moving some wires around in the harness. super easy, i did it when mine went out

·
Registered
1 Posts
blueoval78 said:
they upgraded the mlp sensor in 95, made more better, not sure how, but it requires a moving some wires around in the harness. super easy, i did it when mine went out
They improved the sealing of the sensor to keep out water and debris, also the new connector design has a more positive engagement so that it will not come loose as easily.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey bigric im trying to see the tool for the MLPS sensor adjustment. in Steve83's files but cant find it. i ned to adjust my mlps. cna you help out on this, thanks

·
Super Moderator
26,739 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
for some strange reason mine doesnt have the mark on the white plastic outer piece. i cleaned it off and looked all around it, figured it should be close to the N on the housing but nothing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
no that whole area is pretty visible. i looked completely around it and nothing and i can see every bit of it. guess thats why they make the tool.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
The alternative is to back-probe the MLP line with a volt meter while in Park, and set it to between 4.277 and 4.736 volts (ideally at 4.5065V, right in the middle of the two limits). As a "double-check" afterward, pull the lever down to 1st gear, and again test the MLP voltage; it should be between 0.293 and 1.167 volts, ideally in the middle at 0.73V.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts