Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently had the tranny flushed and then i took it off road where i boiled the tranny over. i let it sit till it cooled and then drove home. it didn't shift or act funny. i've since parked it to rebuild the rear end and change gearing. is there anything i need to do? should i flush the tranny again? i know i'm on borrowed time with this thing and i really don't want it to shit the bed while i'm in BFE.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Has it got transmission cooler? You may want to look into it if it doesn't. What kind of off-roading are you doing in Niceville? Mostly sand, I assume. Alot of high rev'ing at slow speeds may have something to do with that.

I'd have it checked out for sure. You definetly don't want it crapping out on you around there... no cell reception to call for help in that area for sure.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it does have a cooler.

i wheel on the eglin range. i ride around looking for anything but sand, but that's mostly what's out there.

is there anything to look for specifically, or should i just go ahead and flush the system again?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
The re-gearing you are doing will definately help. It will keep your torq converter much happier. Don't be afraid to spend lots of time in 4lo. The higher rpms on your engine will keep the converter happy. Also look into a tranny temp guage. You can ease off when the tranny gets hot. I really don't think another flush is necessary, but a fluid change wouldn't hurt.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
If your fluid doesn't smell bad, I would leave it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts