Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need the steering column for a 1992-1996 FSB. I broke the gear selector and cant seem to find one anywhere.

Tennessee

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ANYBODY??????

·
Registered
980 Posts
I have the gear selector gauge if that is what is broken

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I broke the selector arm in the column. You can pull down on the selector all day long and nothing happens. It just flops around like a limp.........well you get the picture. lol

For the time being I just unhooked the trans selector cable and shift it by hand under the dash but it would be great if I could find a new one.
Thanks for the replies so far.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have an entire column for 80 plus shipping. I will pull the steering wheel off for saved shipping weight. column is out of a 94

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. sounds good to me. the shifter does have the electronic overdrive button correct? If so shoot me a PM with a price shipped to Telford, tennessee. 37690

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Have you just checked to see if the two gold screws in the back have backed out? They do that sometimes.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no i cant say that I have. I did take the column trim pieces off and didnt see anything out of the ordinary. do you have a picture of the screws that you are talking about?

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Look at this:

http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/media/441108_1

The screws I'm talking about are #34 in that diagram.

If you were to put your head on the brake pedal and look straight up at the back of the steering column, you should see them, they're gold, and on my `94 they were Torx screws. I found the problem when one fell out and hit my foot. If they're loose or missing, the shifter is crazy sloppy.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, I already looked at that. As a matter of a fact I unhooked the tranny cable so I could drive "sherman" home. I wish it was that simple but its broken in the shifter tube. I really do appreciate that help anyway.

·
Banned
11,193 Posts
That failure is so common that Ford has released updated parts. Any dealership parts monkey will be happy to help you - they probably know the numbers by heart.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts