Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the deal i have a 1991 ford bronco with a 302 and e4od trans 280,622 miles im pretty sure its a rebuilt trans and motor...anyway here's the probelm i had the truck for 11 months now it was my project its been on the road for 1 month . when i started driving it it had a shudder i had to take off kinda slow from a stop then once i hit about 2000 i could put my foot in it and not worry... about 3 weeks ago i dropped the pan and changed the fillter and added some lucas shudder was still there but i was dealing with it. now about 1 week ago i did some wheeling isint my firt time in this truck but this time it started to slip idk if it just got a lil hot or wat but i have to take off even slower from a stop and hope it dosent slip now it gets even werid if i slowly press harder on the gas it slips a hell alot more and longer then if i just floor it or rump on the gas i smelled the fluid wasnt burnt or anythingmy main question is is it just the TQ converter going bad or just the transmission to?

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
We don't feel bad for you that you're in a rush, that doesn't help your case.

A 1991 with a 302 should have an AOD in it, are you sure it's an E4OD? In 91, E4ODs came behind 351s. It wasn't until 92 that E4OD's started behind the 302's.

If it's an AOD, your TV cable was probably out of adjustment, and you probably cooked the transmission.

If it IS an E4OD, why haven't you pulled codes? Oh, probably because you didn't know to, because you didn't search for one of the hundreds of topics that ALL tell you to pull codes first on the electronic controlled stuff.

If your transmission is slipping, you'll get the code for excessive converter slip.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts

Yea.

And 91Bronc302, remember that we can't physically see or drive your truck. So the more descriptive and detail orientated your post is, the more we can help you.

I hate being a grammar Nazi, but sincerely, break your post up into well thought out sentences and we may be able to help you more.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
A 1991 with a 302 should have an AOD in it, are you sure it's an E4OD? In 91, E4ODs came behind 351s. It wasn't until 92 that E4OD's started behind the 302's.

If it's an AOD, your TV cable was probably out of adjustment, and you probably cooked the transmission.
That's what I thought ???

Drop the pan and have another look now. Got a big cooler and a remote filter yet ?

Sixlitre

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
It possibly might have been some funky half year build or late 91 year build, and just for the hell of it they got a little wily and he ended up with an E4OD, but I doubt it.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts

If it IS an E4OD, why haven't you pulled codes? Oh, probably because you didn't know to, because you didn't search for one of the hundreds of topics that ALL tell you to pull codes first on the electronic controlled stuff.

If your transmission is slipping, you'll get the code for excessive converter slip.

um Dubs 91 has an E4od behind it and it is a 302

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea its a e40d for sure, if not then i put the wrong fillter in it lol. But i counted the pan bolts and i have the od switch. I havent pulled the codes because i thought the check engine light was just comin on because i have no cats.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
I havent pulled the codes because i thought the check engine light was just comin on because i have no cats.
:twak

:twak:twak:twak:twak:twak

You're just a scorin' points left and right here.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
I was going to reply, but....I'm in a rush. :toothless

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Some of the stores don't have OBDI scanners anymore... they're too complicated for the dumbasses at the counter to handle.

On your truck however, you can pull your own codes. I'd tell you to search, but you're obviously in a rush so you're not going to.

But I'm in a rush just like Sig, so I can't help you either.

BTW, the :twak: 's were for not having catalytic converters... you won't score points here for not having them, it doesn't make you cool, contrary to popular highschooler's belief.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i dont have st8 pipes i have i have one cat and a flowmaster supper 44 and i did search and didnt find anything that has the same simptoms as my transmission

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
I havent pulled the codes because i thought the check engine light was just comin on because i have no cats.
i dont have st8 pipes i have i have one cat and a flowmaster supper 44 and i did search and didnt find anything that has the same simptoms as my transmission
Make up your mind.

Also, in the title of your topic, it plainly says:

but i am in a rush and cant search
Then you claim:

and i did search and didnt find anything that has the same simptoms as my transmission
Make up your mind.

I don't believe for a second you searched, because any topic regarding problems with an E4OD in it will tell you to pull codes, because it's an electronic computer controlled transmission.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well hmm lets see i posted that last night maybe today i searched and i pulled the main cat off the second one the bigger one the first is still on there u guys are suppoed to ****in help but ur to ****in imature

·
F*ck 'em all
2,420 Posts
well hmm lets see i posted that last night maybe today i searched and i pulled the main cat off the second one the bigger one the first is still on there u guys are suppoed to ****in help but ur to ****in imature

Bronco4life, We are obligated to help and do the legwork (fingerwork?) for him... I still cant read his last...is that a paragraph?

Edit: Immature? You, my friend are the one calling people e-names.

Really, man, get your stories straight.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
On your truck, the two original cats do separate jobs. The second one isn't a redundant cat, so put it back on.

No, we're not supposed to do ANYTHING for you, smacked ass. This is a free forum, and you're sure as hell not paying us for our services, so we aren't obligated to do sheeeeeet.

That said you dumbass, we already told you to pull codes, and you still haven't posted up which codes came up (because there ARE codes stored in your EEC right now, the CEL is confirming that, and even if it wasn't on, you can still have codes).

So who's '****in imature'? Clearly us, and not the <18 year old who can't type, spell, or use proper grammar for shit, and expects people to give the world to him without him lifting a finger.

Have a nice evening. :thumbup

1 - 20 of 44 Posts