Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a ton of threads on here and other forums but every one has different steps and answers. Wondering if we could get some tech from people who have actually done this.

Specifically is it necessary to change the pcm, or is putting the nss/mlps to neutral fine? I see this topic in every thread yet never a real answer chimed in, I know they do this in manual swaps but will it effect the c6 negatively?

Kick down rod, some threads people say they didn't hook it up and down shift manually, others say they didn't hook it up at all and its fine? Does the c6 really just need vacuum line ran to it to shift right? Is this swap easier if putting a floor shifter (lokar/b&m,ect) and manually shifting 1,2,3?

If this should be in the noob section I apologize and hope it can be moved. Just getting frustrated over the past few weeks seeing different info in so many threads it would be nice to hear from people who have done it or at least a good knowledge of these 2 transmissions.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,068 Posts
ECM should be fine if it is in neutral, is it the best case scenario no but will it work and run and drive yes I think it should. Mine is essentially like this though I am running a manual mustang computer now as I also did a MAF swap at the same time. SO to answer your question the c6 will not care one bit where the nss is, you could literally run without it and just have the wires soldered together and the c6 will work like it is suppose to. My 78 is actually like this with the nss being wired into the console shifter itself.

On the kick down both of my trucks do not have it installed so you have to downshift manually to make it go to second, say if you want to pass someone or the like. I also have console shifters in both so its not a big deal and is fun... I do notice that at least on mine it needs to be kicked down in some instances, the trans will not down shift when I need it to on its own with out the kick down installed. Now in just normal traffic or coming up to stop lights and that it works fine. On your 93 you would also need the kickdown cable off of like an 88 with a c6 as they do not use the rods on the efi engines. Should be a bolt on to get this to work once you find the correct pieces.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, honestly I should probably do the maf swap, worth looking around at how much that set up will cost me. First I'd like to get this thing on the road though. When you went from e4od to c6 did you have to change the shafter cable/link or was the one from e40d same?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts