Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of things seem to be going wrong and i need help finding out what is wrong and how much it should cost. 90 302 5.0 about 220,000 miles. It has occasionally died when I put it in reverse but it is really bad now. If not on the gas in reverse it dies. It has also died while in drive, stopped at a light few times. Seems like idle drops and it dies. I know i need a new PS pump and plan on doing a sag swap by the end of the month, I don't know if this means anything. Also, lately (1 -2 times per 10 mile trip) it feels as if I am running over a cattle gaurd with on the rear tires. About the same duration as real cattle gaurd but only in the rear. I am doing an SAS with DANA 60 in 3-4 months so if I can put any additional expenses off that will help with the parts budget.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,686 Posts
i wouldn't do an SAS with a motor that isn't running correctly, get the motor running strong first.

Pull codes. They will give you a good idea why the motor is stalling

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
stalling in reverse is a common symptom of a dropped filter in the transmission.

the "cattle guard" feeling almost sounds like a rear-end or torque converter problem.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's official, the torque converter and pump need to be replaced. It's always something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts