Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
none of the other fourms seemed right so ill put this here, are they any good as far as putting them in a bronco, are they worth the 25 bux, what is their purpose(as far as torque, horse power, what?) should i port them?

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
Big_Sean said:
is derrick right, are these already on my 86?
No, you probably have E6SE's or something earlier. Unless you were a lucky guy and yours was built with 1987 parts.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
it won't be that big of a performance difference. if your gonna swap heads go for some gt-40s or aftermarkets. Unless those e7s have some port work done i don't think they are gonna flow that much better. you prob have something like e5's or e6s on there now, i dunno jack about em really

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so should i pay the 25 dollars, one side is ported with roller rockers and the other side it a direct take off, he never got around to have the other side ported, the original one has a nice 7 inch crack in what would be i think the number 4th cyl exhaust port and goes down

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
Unless you need a couple of 45-lb boat anchors, NO, and here's why:

1. For just a little more money, you can have a set of new or remanufactured heads, identical and with NEW parts. They'll be guaranteed to run right.
2. Having one ported head and one not is a seriously bad idea.
3. You don't know what the condition REALLY is without magnafluxing. Could easily be a crack somewhere.
4. You don't know WHO ported them.
5. The port job itself is at the very least suspect. I mean come on, the dude's trying to sell you an unmatched set of heads. What's that say?
6. Even if the one is ported properly, who's to say whether it's ported for NASCAR-type racing, towing, or what? You'd have to get the other head matched exactly, preferrably by the same porter, and that's not likely to happen.

Save your money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts