Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to check out the snow up at Eagle Ridge today. It was brutal to say the least. The snow was soft and slick and we couldn't even get to the start of the trail.

All the pics are here.

It was still good to get out though. :thumbup

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
I'm not surprised you had such a hard time, it has been so mild lately. Still good pics though.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Looks like you all had a really good time. And if it was as cold up there as it was here in Kansas with the wind blowing, I think I would have stayed at home.

·
Behold my
1,276 Posts
Who cares if you couldn't get to the trail. The trip there looks fun enough. Good pics!

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Cool pics looks like a good time. Wonder how soon a rig with mattracks would have broke or got stuck

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wonder how soon a rig with mattracks would have broke or got stuck
Probably would have made it to the Look-Out and had a nice view to go with their lunch. :toothless

Some friends of a co-worker were up at Whipsaw 2 weekends ago (Whipsaw is new Princeton, and covered in deep snow right now) with their 2 seater quads equipped with Mattracks. They were ripping all over the place just like a snowmobile would. Pretty cool to watch.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Probably would have made it to the Look-Out and had a nice view to go with their lunch. :toothless

Some friends of a co-worker were up at Whipsaw 2 weekends ago (Whipsaw is new Princeton, and covered in deep snow right now) with their 2 seater quads equipped with Mattracks. They were ripping all over the place just like a snowmobile would. Pretty cool to watch.
I heard about Whipsaw, I would like to try that some time...hint hint...if you ever go.;):thumbup

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Cool !!!! I like that it is kid friendly too.
Shit, that means I have to get motivated and build my new bumper/winch mount.
I heard there was a couple of real tough spots, but the way those guys are talking it isn't too bad at all.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool !!!! I like that it is kid friendly too.
Shit, that means I have to get motivated and build my new bumper/winch mount.
I heard there was a couple of real tough spots, but the way those guys are talking it isn't too bad at all.
You'd be ok without a winch. There will be a lot of trucks with them, so if you were to have problems, we could get you going again, maybe with just a strap.

I will put you on the list as a "maybe" for now, and keep me posted as we get closer to the July Long Weekend. :thumbup

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
You'd be ok without a winch. There will be a lot of trucks with them, so if you were to have problems, we could get you going again, maybe with just a strap.

I will put you on the list as a "maybe" for now, and keep me posted as we get closer to the July Long Weekend. :thumbup
It's not that I think I need a winch, I just want my truck to be all that it can be, besides this may get me motivated to get fabbing sooner...if I can get hold of some extra coin that is.:banghead

I just registered at bc4x4. I realized while reading that thread, a lot of those guys are local and I should be spending a little more time there, especially since I don't know anyone that owns a 4x4 anymore.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts