Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with this dealership? Just curious, the people there seemed nice and competent, but you never know :)

Had to drive from atlanta to charlotte and back today for work. Decided to take the bronco instead of the car. Had no real reason not to. Well, get up there, do my work, start heading out of town and get stuck in traffic. Start noticing a little trail of fluid behind my car after stopping for a while. Pull off and see fluid coming out of the front of the tranny. Not good. I'm hoping it's just a front seal and I haven't torn anything up. So I had it towed to earl tindol and had to leave it there. Their transmission guy is on vacation until monday, but hopefully they can fix it relatively quickly. They did give me a good deal on a rental car though :).

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
i wouldv'e went to a local transmission shop, just because dealerships are costly. my dad bought a truck from there in 93 and they were nice. they also bought an e250 from my dad in 2000 and paid him about 3 times what it was worth, so yeah, i guess its a good place.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, dealers are costly, but when you are ~200 miles from home and it's roughly 5pm, didn't have much choice :(.

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
AHHH Shoulda gone to Jims Transmission in Statesville. A little further but they are solid quality guys. I cant speak highly enough of them. They could have screwed me 7 ways from Sunday but did the right thing. I can think of 3 things off the top of my head they didnt charge me for, besides giving me an awesome deal on the work I had them do.

The only thing I know about Earl Tindol is their jingle...it goes like this...

EARL TINDOL FORD!! OH YEA THATS US!! EARL TINDOL FORD!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts