Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ive been having to park my other truck out of sight of my apartment pretty far away and the neighborhood isnt really the best so a noobie question..

Has anyone installed a cheap car alarm from autozone on an earlier model truck?

I have thought about a kill switch but that really will only help against theft of the truck not of the stuff and audio equipment in the truck. And since im a poor mofo with little or no cash, paying another $400 for a radio/speakers/wiring and shit isnt acceptable.. not to mention the $$$$ in tools and shit.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,266 Posts
Does your Dome light still function as it should? (turns on when you open the doors) If so, make sure the cheapo alarm you get has a wire for the dome light/pin switch sensor, that way if the light turns on the alarm sounds. I mention this because most cheap alarms I've seen have a pretty lousy shock sensor so you'd want it to sound when the door was opened in case it didn't go off when they bust out your window.

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why can't you park it at the apartment?
its parked at my apartment, just not next close enough to tell if anyone is getting into it.

Does your Dome light still function as it should? (turns on when you open the doors) If so, make sure the cheapo alarm you get has a wire for the dome light/pin switch sensor, that way if the light turns on the alarm sounds. I mention this because most cheap alarms I've seen have a pretty lousy shock sensor so you'd want it to sound when the door was opened in case it didn't go off when they bust out your window.
any recommendations?

·
I ♥ TTB
4,266 Posts
Not really, just make sure it has a "pin switch" sensor to hook up. Then when wiring it up make sure that gets hooked to a wire that goes to the dome light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts