Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The event took place at Rausch Creek Off Road park in PA. Mid-Atlantic Early Broncos is the group that puts it on. They do a great job as evidence of this being 16th one. Quite a few of us were there from this site to include CWbronco, thin blue line, reptilikus, OX1, Saltlife85, SilentOne, Sjueck, nineveh and of course me. It was a three day event which included a rock crawl comp, trail riding, show n shine, street cruise and a merchendise raffle.

What I drove, barrow (96 xlt 302 4" lift with 33's)

how I got it the 354+- miles to Rausch Creek (Cummins did well)

first picture I took (positioning the Bronco's for the group photo)

First trail tow of the event (yep, that's my ride) Seems stock auto hubs suck along with the window motor for low range make for a no go on the hill climb. 3x4 just don't get it while trying to keep up.

Trey my 10 yo took the pics. They were pulling me over to the right so I could back down and go back out. Parked the truck and hopped in with Stuart for the rest of the day. Stay tuned for more pics.

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,443 Posts
MEB Round Up 2014 Rausch Creek (pic heavy)

16th MEB annual Round Up 2014 at Rausch Creek PA

Had a blast over the weekend. Thanks to everyone who let me ride passenger. Rausch Creek is a killer park and can't wait to go again. Here is the link to my photobucket album: http://s1082.photobucket.com/user/Saltlife85/library/MEB 16th Annual Round Up 2014?sort=3&page=7

I did not upload all pictures because I had over 500. If you want a copy of all pictures and videos all together I have 8GBs worth. I can mail out a USB Flash drive if you let me know.

Thanks and enjoy:

reptillikus:

SJeuck53

CWbronco:

OX1:

nineveh:

silent one:

Ouch!

my videos are still loading I will post them later. :beer

·
Registered
725 Posts
That looks like a blast!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
god dam am i pissed i didnt make it

·
Premium Member
9,995 Posts
What a great place to off road, great pics, great time and a shilt load of BKO's I mean does it get any better, thanks for sharing....:rockon

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
402 Posts
Cheers for the photos all, glad to see the Bronco's used in anger. What's the story with Ox's rig ? Did the tie rod get repaired ?

god dam am i pissed i didnt make it
x2 I'm very envious. I saw you posted a run to RC on 12-13th July, I'm checking the schedule, I need a fix after great photos on this thread.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Cheers for the photos all, glad to see the Bronco's used in anger. What's the story with Ox's rig ? Did the tie rod get repaired ?
It did not get repaired, see post 53 here for details on extraction.

http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4560978#post4560978

I have to order a new outer steering knuckle since both bolts that hold
the steering arm to knuckle, broke off inside the knuckle. That arm
connects to drag link in front and tie rods in back of axle, so I had
zero steering and unconnected tie rods.

http://www.expedition-imports.com/product/4043300820/Steering-Knuckle.html

·
Premium Member
7,144 Posts
Well I can figure out this bulk uploaded on photobucket, so no pics I guess.

Had a good time, thanks to Mark and Josh for taking pics. Bronco did good with the new axle and a little damage but nothing big, found a few issues when I got home that need to be addressed but there small and can wait.

·
Premium Member
7,144 Posts
I had 2 lock nuts loose on the tie rod ends and the dust boots on both tie rod ends are gone and it seems like a have a brake caliper locking up randomly, it pulls to the left sometime when brake and then its fine. Still have steering issues to, can't get the steering wheel straight for the life of me, its either off one way or the other no matter what I do, sometimes changes when I turn, not sure why.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,160 Posts
Wow there were some really nice trucks in the Show 'n Shine!
I kind of missed that Friday due our 5-hour extraction of Ox's rig :toothless

Speaking of which, this Hi-Lift shaped box showed up on my front porch today :eek: You did not have to buy me one, I was gonna try to straighten the beam on mine when I went back to work. Now ill have to carry it as a pry-bar for the next time you break :goodfinge Thanks dude :thumbup :rockon

It was cool getting to see everyone again, and getting to meet the rest of you :thumbup

I had a blast on the trail both days, altho we didn't get to run too many on Friday. Speaking of which, I do not yet have our pics of Friday off of Dawn's phone, so youll have to wait another day for that. I do however have a couple I snapped with my phone (hence the crappy quality) of that fateful event on Cralwer's Ridge:

What youre looking at here, is what happens when two massive Grade 8.8 bolts break, and the Mog steering arm comes off the passenger knuckle. Because both the tierod & draglink attach to it, it left Ox with basically no steering at all.
I left to go get a trailer while several others (including cwbronco & saltlife) stayed behind to help ox get up, turned around, and then back down off the obstacle, so we could extract him. They built this crazy contraption out of a come-along, several short chains & some straps to sort-of get it steering again, atleast enough to get it maneuvered down the bypass, after it got winched up & off the obstacle.
During that I unhooked my trailer from the tow-rig, hitched it to the back of my bronco via a home-brew hitch I built for moving the trailer around the yard, and then drug it all the way back to the scene of the incident

During my trip out & back the rest of them were hard at work getting him turned around, so I could back up into the trail and we could load him up at the bottom of the bypass/exit:

From there we towed him out of the park, over to the emergency exit, near Route 209

Here we unloaded his truck, and drove back to the parking lot in mine, where we jumped in Ox's towrig and came back for his bronco. I left my bronco hitched to the trailer in Rausch's lot overnight as me & ox were planning on coming back Saturday to go wheelin again anyway with my rig.

460 for the win, it honestly did not care at all that ox's rig was on the trailer behind me. It was pretty awesome to see :toothless

It took us 5 hours to extract his bronco and get back to camp which was half-decent I thought considering the situation, but it meant we missed dinner Friday night since we didn't get back until after 8.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,160 Posts
Some misc pics from Saturday:

This was a pretty sweet EB with a 6bt under the hood!

Taking a break (literally) while the same EB replaced a hub. This was on DeathTrap, which is a pretty awesome trail.

Another cool EB on the trail with us. Those 39.5s sure look small next to these rocks!

Deathtrap leads into the far end of Rock Creek. So since we had time while waiting for a locking hub, he decided to run the creek. I decided to follow.

Somebody was not having a good day, found a damn-near new ujoint in the middle of the Creek, missing a few caps. I bet someone dropped it :duh

Got to the other end, and stumbled upon some other FSBs :thumbup You might recognize this one

So shiny!

From there we went over to Crawl Daddy:

That's more or less all I got. It anyone from the Dixie Chapter knows how to get a hold of Ray ( think that was his name, the dude with the Cummins EB) let me know, as I know his girl got a shitload of awesome pics of all of us from both days.

All told I have an awesome time, cant wait to get back out there again!

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
I will get up with ray (Chugalug) for you and get pics sent to you. Man ox really is a nice guy to get u a new hi lift rep. Now hang the other one on the wall of shame.. Had a blast with you guys this year, already reserved a site..

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.