Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here we go! For those that don't know, this event is currently on-going; it started Thursday and will continue through til Sunday. So expect a ton of pics to be posted in this thread!

First off, let me say that the FSB presence at the Round Up this year was incredible! Tons of FSBs everywhere :smokin::rockon:rockon:rockon:rockon

Sorry I didn't get to say Hi to everyone, we weren't doing the whole pic thing, so we kinda just unloaded, aired down and went off into the park.

Me & Ox decided to go on Friday, to get some wheelin in with Darrel (Nineveh), because he's usually one of the only FSB'ers dumb enough to keep goin wheelin with us :toothless But seriously, we limited ourselves to one day because weve got another trip coming up, and usually one of us breaks something big :rofl:

Anyways, enough babbling, on to the pics!

From left to right:
me, Nineveh, Ox

We went over to the NE side, and went straight to Outer Limits, which is wayyyy far away from everything.

...and unfortunately this is where Nineveh broke

Broke the d.side motor mount, which lead to a torn trans mount, & the front d.shaft & trans linkage came apart.

Pulling him down off the climb:

Big rocks here

Getting the winch cable re-set, his truck deicded to roll away! Fortunately, I was parked behind him. Unfortunately, with the angle, his bumper went right under mine

Down, and just about turned around

Unfortunately, we bent the front right leaf during the extraction. Fortunately, hes got another set at home

From here we were able to get the trans linkage back together, as well as the d.shaft, and he was able to limp it out of the park

random pic: TTB spotted!

We dropped Darrel's rig off in the parking lot, and he rode with me/ox the rest of the day. We went over to the south side to run Cemetary

I shot a vid of Ox coming up the hill climb/exit, he makes it look easy (it kinda was)

(Please d/l this video; its too big to host on supermotors, so its hosted on my personal site, and I don't want to get hammered on the bandwidth!)
http://4x4.forensick.net/88bronco/images/150626/KVID6493.mp4

From there we went over to the West side to run Trail 20 (awesome new-ish black trail), then 13a, then we cut thru Rock Creek

and then headed into Death Trap

This runs out to 23, which loops around to the Power lines. But by then it was already 5pm, so we headed back to the parking lot and loaded up to go home.

Not a lot of pics, but it was still a good day of wheelin; lots of good trails run, and we did ~15-18 miles so we definitely covered some ground. Darrel shot some pics/vids, so hopefully he gets them online soon!

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Haha that ttb rig is saltlife's. He rammed into a log at about 80 and folded his pass side radius arm in to about his trans. I'm sure some pics of that carnage will end up here soon.

I'll get pics up later. We are kind of buckled down in our tent waiting out the rain.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah we knew it was his (Darrel is the one that spotted it), that's why I stopped and backtracked so I could snap a pic :rofl: But I never did see him anywhere. Figured thered be a story behind that one. Sucks about the rain, try to stay dry! Glad we came up and wheeled yesterday instead of today :toothless

Darrel, always a good time. Get that thing fixed man! You need to come with us to AOAA in August. And yes, as you noticed, Ox is like a little kid behind the wheel of that thing :rofl:
Cool vids, altho for some reason I cant watch em IE, had to watch em in Safari.

·
Premium Member
7,144 Posts
Nice pics. Saw your guys bronco's but didn't see any of you. Today kinda sucked with the rain,think my sweat shirt weights 10 pounds now. Not to many people on on the trail. Ran down topless for tata's and down to lake christy but it's was pretty flooded down there. Had a good time wheeling though, bronco did well. I'll work on some pics since I have nothing else to do.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Yeah we knew it was his (Darrel is the one that spotted it), that's why I stopped and backtracked so I could snap a pic :rofl: But I never did see him anywhere. Figured thered be a story behind that one. Sucks about the rain, try to stay dry! Glad we came up and wheeled yesterday instead of today :toothless

Darrel, always a good time. Get that thing fixed man! You need to come with us to AOAA in August. And yes, as you noticed, Ox is like a little kid behind the wheel of that thing :rofl:
Cool vids, altho for some reason I cant watch em IE, had to watch em in Safari.
Yeah, rain wheelin/towing brings the SUCK!!!
Definitely need more pics/vids of that TTB destruction :rockon

Good time again this year. Least it wasn't me thought, this time that ate up half a day stuck :popc1:

And yes, as you noticed, Ox is like a little kid behind the wheel of that thing :rofl:
My new stickies tread very lightly (so good in fact I ran rock creek and death trap with open front, by accident, and did not realize it until I was done with both trails). :thumbup

I do like to "mark" the trails that need widening.............:toothless

My pics, only a couple from when we stopped on outer limits.

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,443 Posts
I had a ton of trailer issues. Had a blow out and had to buy 4 new tires.

Then had to stop in Maryland since the lights in the trailer went out. New Battery, grounds, rear lights, electric braking system box, and truck adapter. All had to be replaced and the trailer shop before it was road worthy.

Day 1 lining up

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,443 Posts

Oh NO!!!

Like said at the end of day 2 I took on a tree that had a very big incline laying down with a big drop before it. At pedal to the floor 4L I clear some air and flew over it. Landed and this is how she came out.

It was fun as hell and I be damn if this story will ever leave anyones memories. :rockon

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow man that's some carnage! Between the truck & the trailer you had a rough weekend, that's for sure!

Never seen anyone do that to a set of leaf spring hangars before, but they don't look like stock brackets either. Ive bent a couple radius arms in my day though :toothless

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
This is what I've got. Not a whole lot of pics we didn't stop much. I was having too much fun wheelin.

Mostly taken by gf, that's why some are like different colors and stuff.

Pretty wicked one of Jim and I.

·
Why do you want to see my
3,468 Posts
It was great to meet all you guys. It was awesome to see the broncos in person after seeing them online everyday. I had a blast on the trails and I think my new setup did pretty good on it's first test. I have a few pics to add.

Getting ready to head out.

Day 1

A little bit of flexing.

At the end of day 1.... a missing turn signal lense and two body lift blocks punched through. One through the rotted core support and one through the passenger side floor board.

Day 2

·
Super Moderator
6,677 Posts
This was more than a wheeling trip for my family. It was also our summer vacation trip. We got up there on Monday for some additional events and activities.

Boss lady unloading "her" Bronco as she calls it.

After that we headed up to the Cabin and ate dinner and did some smor's with the Mormando's. Day two took us to the river to do some tubing.

It was the first time tubing for the kids and I. The water was moving pretty quick from what we were told. It was up 2.5 feet above normal. Day 3 was supposed to be Hershey Park but

The big girl quit on me. Seem the lift pump gave out after having to do the fuel pumps job after it failed months ago. I didn't know it was so hard to find someone that wanted to make some money repairing a truck. So after about 8 shops spoken to and two shops it was done. Zimmey's in Lebanon, PA installed a fast pump on it and she was better than new.

The wife and kid's along with Mark's wife played mini golf while they waited on us.

Day 4 (Wheeling finally)

Matt (our guide for the day)

·
Super Moderator
6,677 Posts
Day 4 (continued)

So close, not pictured is the pull over from Matt our guide.

There was more but that's all I got. The more difficult trails were near the end.

Some more folks showed up later on thursday.

Evan (83stickshifpt)^

Mark (kram1989)v, front wheel stud problem thursday and rear end wine

Where's Filly?

Day 5 (2nd day of wheeling Friday)
Silentone Jim

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.