Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody consider themself a Ford guru in NE Texas (Mt. Pleasant/Mt. Vernon area)?
'Bought a '92 Bronco with a bad 302. I just put a 351 (5.8) out of a '94 F250 in it. Runs great on either but I have no fuel pressure or power to the little jumper thingy on the cellinoid. I've tried both computers, the bay harness off both, a new ignition switch and nothing changes.
The only thing I haven't done is put the engine harness off the 302 on the 351 but I don't see what that would help.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Are you getting power to the fuel pump?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure about the power to the pump question. I'm going to assume not. The 302 ran just had a problem on (what ford calls) the # 3 piston. I guess it's possible the fuel pump went out while parked but what would be causing the celluloid issue?

One additional note, it had an aftermarket alarm on in it. It only appeared to have 1 wire completely cut (and a couple others spliced) but I'm not sure.
I'm going to reconnect the original bay harness tomorrow and I'll try to check power to the pump but it looks like a bugger to get to!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts