Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was suggested I move this to the Tech write up section,so here it is.....

Alright guys, I found the easiest way to fix the damn back window from being all slow and stuck like..!!! all you gots to do is open the tailgate and click the latches to trick the truck into thinkin its closed,then roll the window out makin sure you got someone to hold it as it comes out...then take the rear panel off and use axel grease to lube up the gears.Also make sure to grease up the tracks the rollers run in, also spray some WD40 in the hinge points on the arms...After u do all that,roll the window back in and replace the panel and MAKE sure you click the latches back open using the handle,or you will slam them into the catch pins..not cool...Your done,roll the window up and down a few times to lube the whole gear radius and you will instantly see the diffrence.It should go up and down smoothly. Hope this helps anyone with a rear jaming window.

-Ely
93' XLT 5 Spd.
6'" Pro Comp Stage II Lift
35" Mud Kings On 15" MT's

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
killa e said:
It was suggested I move this to the Tech write up section,so here it is.....

Alright guys, I found the easiest way to fix the damn back window from being all slow and stuck like..!!! all you gots to do is open the tailgate and click the latches to trick the truck into thinkin its closed,then roll the window out makin sure you got someone to hold it as it comes out...then take the rear panel off and use axel grease to lube up the gears.Also make sure to grease up the tracks the rollers run in, also spray some WD40 in the hinge points on the arms...After u do all that,roll the window back in and replace the panel and MAKE sure you click the latches back open using the handle,or you will slam them into the catch pins..not cool...Your done,roll the window up and down a few times to lube the whole gear radius and you will instantly see the diffrence.It should go up and down smoothly. Hope this helps anyone with a rear jaming window.

-Ely
93' XLT 5 Spd.
6'" Pro Comp Stage II Lift
35" Mud Kings On 15" MT's

You're kidding.................. right?

Have you ever even bothered to look through the various sections on this site?

I mean tailgate problems with a Bronco? Wow? Whudda thunk? :wacko

EDIT: OH! I got it now.... Come on.... Fess up. You're really Miesk5
yanking our chains for April's Fools Day.....

Steve?

No No.... it's gotta be Joe!

·
Registered
610 Posts
use lithium grease instead of axle grease..its a little cleaner and a lot more water proof from my experience. comes in a spray can. Also instead of wd-40 on the tailgate (which is good to clean any gunk out of the hinge etc) try a silicone spray lubricant that'll stick a little better...or again, hose it out with some 2d-40 and spray in some litium. I use it on all my window tracks and door hinges on all my cars.

From valvoline"

Pyroil White Lithium Grease is a heavy-duty lubricant spray for auto, home, farm, marine and shop. Designed for all metal-to-metal applications, it helps prevent rust and corrosion. It sprays on as a liquid, penetrates tiny crevices, and then sets up as a lubricating grease that stays put.

* Multi-purpose lubricant spray for auto, home, farm, marine and shop
* For all metal-to-metal applications
* Helps prevent rust and corrosion
* Heavy-duty lubricant with penetrating action

·
Super Moderator
29,084 Posts
EDIT: OH! I got it now.... Come on.... Fess up. You're really Miesk5 yanking our chains for April's Fools Day..... Steve? No No.... it's gotta be Joe![/QUOTE said:
nope, i am now hannibal for April 1; look out your window now:drinkbud

·
Super Moderator
29,084 Posts
smileybry said:
use lithium grease instead of axle grease..its a little cleaner and a lot more water proof from my experience. comes in a spray can. Also instead of wd-40 on the tailgate (which is good to clean any gunk out of the hinge etc) try a silicone spray lubricant that'll stick a little better...or again, hose it out with some 2d-40 and spray in some litium. I use it on all my window tracks and door hinges on all my cars.

From valvoline"

Pyroil White Lithium Grease is a heavy-duty lubricant spray for auto, home, farm, marine and shop. Designed for all metal-to-metal applications, it helps prevent rust and corrosion. It sprays on as a liquid, penetrates tiny crevices, and then sets up as a lubricating grease that stays put.

* Multi-purpose lubricant spray for auto, home, farm, marine and shop
* For all metal-to-metal applications
* Helps prevent rust and corrosion
* Heavy-duty lubricant with penetrating action
good!
also Ford has a few lube points; have one for torsion barl mount(s) here
will add other diagrams soon....we clean the 'gate out once a year and lube; need to have the Outside Horz strip that rubs window - lower (@ top of gate - weatherstrip, D8TZ-984 1610-A $26.58) intact to ensure debris & water does not enter gate; more pn info here

1 - 7 of 7 Posts