Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i snapped a waterpump bolt:banghead and i have a easy out but i dont know how im supposed to turn this SOB and id rather not use it if possible, i belive i can just drill the broken bolt out but would i be able to rethread it?
PLEASE HURRY DAYLIGHT IS FADEING AND THE AUTO PART STORES CLOSE IN A COUPLE HOURS, also i did use search

·
Registered
190 Posts
just use the easy out. you can drill the entire bolt out but then your going to be going through a completly different mess

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well ive already drilled through the bolt, im just gunna go the extra mile and rethread it , i can rethread somthing that doesnt have a flat bottom right?

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
colinlesser said:
ok i snapped a waterpump bolt:banghead and i have a easy out but i dont know how im supposed to turn this SOB and id rather not use it if possible,
With an adjustable wrench:rofl:

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
think your funny huh? well your wrong, they just slide off, a vice grip wont even work, anyway i got it out with drilling and somhow i managed to retain a thread

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
nice work.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
well if you have to use a tap, your in trouble, they have the same thing on the top:rofl:

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
only if you were very lucky and drilled the old bolt at dead centre. There is only one way to find out, though.

·
Registered
245 Posts
when you buy your tap go the extra mile and buy a tap wrench also. It works a hell of a lot better than a wrench or socket but those will do if it's all you got

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
like there is still thread left but i dont know if its enough to tork down the pump, i can get the bolt to turn into it like it used to just a bit looser

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
I'd tap it one size larger and get a new bolt. If it's a sloppy fit it's probably going to fall out

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
yeah maybe 1/16" inch larger but wouldnt that be better than having the pump fall off?

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Ditto with Todd....

everything he said.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Check and see if your girlfriend has any nuts or bolts under her bed and maybe even a box of drill bits that could save you a trip to the hardware store

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
ToddACimer said:
Check and see if your girlfriend has any nuts or bolts under her bed and maybe even a box of drill bits that could save you a trip to the hardware store
:histerica :histerica :histerica I remember what that is refferring to.

sloppy is bad, you have to go to a larger size, like was already mentioned.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
If I were you I'd get full coverage, 10 gallons of gas and a match and burn that engine alive. That thing has given you NOTHING but trouble it seems like. Or you need to learn to PB-blaster everything every day for a week before touching OEM stuff after 25 years of rust. One of the two =P.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts