Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whether it be for aesthetics, or for maintenance, it is always nice to keep the underside of your ride clean. Rust can be greatly accelerated with the accumulation of winter salt, unchecked grease and oil, and everyones favorite MUD. But is super easy to get it clean and you stay dry while doing this. All you have to do is attach a fan sprayer to the end of your water hose and stick it under your ride. I am not sure if that is the correct name for the sprayer, but it is the one that pivots from side to side for your lawn. It comes out as a bunch of really strong jets. By the time your finish your beer, your underside is clean. It is even better if you can attach the water hose to your hot water heater. Next time you have to do any work under your bronc, you will be VERY glad that you did this!! You will find that it is much easier to identify any new leaks or any problems that need to be adressed. You will be much cleaner as well. Aslo a great cleaner that is cheap is Mean Green. It eats right through oil and grease within seconds. A big bottle of it is a dollar and you can find it at the dollar store.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, life in the barracks. That is about the only thing that I don't miss from the Marines. Semper Fi budd

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now THATS a recipe for laughter. Caged Marines+alcohol= Holy Shit, did you see that? No? You did'nt see it? Well look he's doing it again. haha Oorah!!!

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
9bronco0 said:
Now THATS a recipe for laughter. Caged Marines+alcohol= Holy Shit, did you see that? No? You did'nt see it? Well look he's doing it again. haha Oorah!!!
exactly, i guess nothin changes. but what can you expect from guys that are in a branch of the military that was founded in a bar.:drinkbud

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
last time i had the oil changed(i know but i was strapped for time) they took an extra 15 minutes and sprayed the entire underside of my truck with washer fluid

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
washer fluid works too, but when you find that you are not strapped for time try my method. You'll like!

·
Registered
490 Posts
wow thats an awesome idea, im one of those people that takes FOREVER to clean the complete underside and this little trick will help me a lot.

·
Reverend Trick Playa
993 Posts
Kinda simple and easier than attaching the hose to the water heater( :scratchhe dude WTF?:scratchhe ).........use some oven cleaner. With the engine warm...NOT HOT....spray a little on some of your greasy chit and wait couple minutes. Spray with regular hose and h2o and it will literally drip right off. Don't do it in the drive way......obvious reason..

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
I worked on mine all weekend with about 50lbs of mud still stuck to everything. Not the most fun in the world but I cut my garden hose with my chainsaw this fall so I dont really have a choice:histerica

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
broncos&bombs said:
what did you do that for? thats funny
Cuz it was under the logs:toothless

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I have tried oven cleaner and yes it does work. But, since my hot water heater is in the garage, it is easy to hook it up. Like I said though it is not neccesary to hook it to the hot water heater, just nice if you are able to. Also with the fan sprayer, and or Mean Green it is something that you CAN do in your driveway without worrying about the pollutants of oven cleaner.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Swampwalker do you know Doug Foster, or Mark Robertson? I used to work at Hogtown Herp years ago when I was a kid. I am back in Gainesville now.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts